Director, Center for the Advancement of Virtual Organizations and Professor at Northcentral University
Title: Director, Center for the Advancement of Virtual Organizations and Professor
Location: US National
What We Are Looking For
This position requires a doctorate in business and demonstrated practical and research experience in the areas of virtual or remote teams and/or organizations.
This position will primarily serve as a Director of the Center for the Advancement of Virtual Organizations (CAVO) within the School of Business. The Director is responsible for planning, collecting, curating, and sharing resources from internal and external content experts for professional presentations on the Center. This position works closely with other faculty and School leaders. In addition, this position will be highly collaborative with other departments of the institution including, but not limited to, Marketing, Grants Office, Library, and Alumni Services. Demonstrated experience and excellence in remote cross-team collaboration is essential for this role. The Director is also responsible for conducting original research in any areas related to CAVO and is expected to publish regularly. The Director will report to the Dean of the School of Business. The candidate may teach graduate courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned and/or guide doctoral candidates through doctoral dissertation requirements (as Chair or committee member).
- The role of Professor/Director may include teaching courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned, acting as a Dissertation Chair or Committee Member, acting as a content expert for course development, research, participation in shared governance, and service to the university community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Northcentral’s vision, mission, and goals and those of the School of Business and CAVO.
- Conducts ongoing scholarly research in subject areas related to CAVO as a sole researcher and in collaboration with other faculty, students, and alumni.
- Responsible for publishing two scholarly publications annually or demonstrating clear timelines and progress towards longitudinal studies.
- Promotes a graduate culture of scholarship, teaching, service, and practice through teaching and leadership of CAVO.
- Collaborates with internal and external experts across areas of a virtual workforce.
- Proficient in organizing blogs, podcasts, webinars, static and dynamic web resources, and multimodal publishing.
- Knowledgeable about social media and web marketing specific to research and practical application.
- Demonstrates commitment to and capacity for Teaching through Engagement and using the NCU One-to-One, apprenticeship style teaching model when working with content, research, and dissertation students.
- Participates in initial and ongoing training.
- Contributes to developing training materials and provides input on improving training, courses, and processes.
- Participates in trial use of new technologies and integrates new technologies into their teaching.
- Participates in faculty and staff meetings.
- Maintains contact with students via phone, video conferencing, email, and other tools provided for synchronous or asynchronous communication through their courses.
- Works collaboratively with Academic Advisors to ensure student engagement and success.
- Exercises academic freedom in teaching course content and achieving learning outcomes in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.
- Participates in institutional and student learning outcomes assessment procedures, program, department review, and accreditation efforts.
- Performs all educational services in accordance with NCU policies and procedures, the Family Education Rights to Privacy Act, Northcentral University’s Code of Conduct and all other state and federal laws.
- Adheres to policies and requirements defined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Tasks and projects as assigned by the Dean, or NCU administrators.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, copier, phone systems.
- Ability to evaluate information to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact university stakeholders.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend and implement policies and processes to advance continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to process, analyze, and present qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite
Education and Experience
- Doctorate degree in Business or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Professional experience leading a virtual team or organization.
- Experience developing or leading a Center at a college or university preferred.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The physical requirements for performing the essential functions of this position require the team member to be able to:
- Able to sit, stand, kneel, walk, and reach.
- Able to lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Hear well enough to communicate with others.
- Read a computer screen and written material.
- Write, type, and use phone system.
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
- Good working environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
NCU will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Who We Are
Northcentral University (NCU) is a private, nonprofit, online University and a proud affiliate of the National University System with its headquarters in California. We are a graduate university, and a global leader in providing access to regionally-accredited higher education.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!