Director, Business Partnerships at Humane Society of the United States - HSUS
Director, Business Partnerships
- Gaithersburg, MD, USA; Virtual
- Req #381
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization is seeking a Business Partnerships Director for the Business Development department. The main responsibility of this position is to cultivate, solicit, and steward current and new corporate partnerships for the Business Development team.
This position will be responsible for:
- Generating income to meet annual fundraising targets from an assigned portfolio of corporate accounts for the Business Development team via collaborative charitable co-venture initiatives, corporate philanthropy, cause-related marketing, trademark licensing, in-kind gifts of services and products, event and program sponsorships, and employee and customer engagement;
- Engaging and building relationships with corporate partners;
- Identifying plans and implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies to onboard and monetize new corporate relationships for the HSUS and its affiliates;
- Managing all aspects of the corporate relationship, including communications, account performance reviews, recordkeeping and maintaining the CRM database;
- Designing, planning, and reviewing all co-venture messages and outreach including email, social media, website, print and digital advertising, and collateral;
- Engaging and building a corporate prospect pipeline;
- Coordinating with Business Development team members, program staff, executive leadership, and the Advancement department on corporate engagement strategy, ensuring outreach efforts are aligned with strategic priorities and institutional fundraising portfolios;
- Researching prospective corporate prospects, responding to new business relationship inquiries, and evaluating viability as well as handling concerns and addressing issues internally and externally;
- Advising on and supporting corporate fundraising activities at international offices;
- Assisting in developing fundraising standards including collaborating with subject matter expert colleagues;
- Assisting in communications, negotiations and contracts between international offices and corporate partners;
- Keeping abreast of commercial co-venture standards and trends relevant to corporate charitable fundraising and integrating appropriate measures to implement changes and innovations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Nonprofit Operations, or another related field, or equivalent work experience, required;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in corporate engagement, business development, or nonprofit operations required;
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in corporate social responsibility, cause marketing, communications marketing, and business-to-business sales;
- High level of confidence, integrity, interpersonal skills, and a professional executive presence for effectively interacting with and influencing others;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence, demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive;
- Ability to manage issues requiring problem resolution and conflict management with excellent interpersonal and intervention skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of business operations, including effective budget development and management processes;
- Knowledge of CRM software preferred;
- Willing and able to travel.
This position is either in Gaithersburg MD or remote position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!