Director – Advertising Sales & Business Development
YourTango is looking for a super-star Ad Sales Director.
YourTango aims to increase its monetization by hiring a new sales team member to assist in originating and closing advertising deals, including direct, PMP/PG, branded/sponsored content and possibly other kinds of campaigns. Joining two other sales people, the person in the role of Director, Advertising & Business Development, will play a central role in increasing revenue and profitability at YourTango.
We are looking for a self-starter with a proven track record of originating and closing sales at other premium digital publishers.The ideal candidate is very driven and self-motivated; possesses an in-depth understanding of digital media advertising; and has developed a robust network close contacts with agency and client-direct decisions-makers.
- originating, cultivating and closing new business at attractive rates:
- leveraging YourTango’s attractive audience, unique positioning and premium, brand-safe editorial environment to provide unique, successful, creative, solutions to clients; and
- positively representing the YourTango brand to an array of constituents.
Required Skills & Experience :
- 7+ years of digital ad sales, including programmatic, direct, and branded/sponsored content
- clear and proven depth of digital media sales knowledge, including a track record for effectively using data to win and renew deals
- a proven track record for closing substantial digital media deals and generating significant revenue
- the ability to translate marketer needs into compelling concepts and solutions, i.e. a curious problem solver who thinks strategically and creatively
- a ton of motivation and self-discipline to aggressively follow up with leads and create a significant sales pipeline
- proficiency with the entire sales cycle, ie prospecting; meeting and engaging; developing proposals and pitching; contract negotiations and closing deals, all while providing friendly, proactive customer service required to renew and grow our client base
- superb organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- a track record for taking ownership of your business and pro-actively staying on top of industry trends
- a very strong set of agency and client direct contacts, including, ideally, strong relationships with beauty and CPG.
Other important categories include:
- Financial Services/Insurance
- Telecom & consumer electronics
This is a full-time, work-from-home position, offers benefits, including 401K, and competitive compensation.