Digital Strategist at Alley Interactive
The Digital Strategist is a critical leadership role in Alley’s client services and web product development business. As a Product Owner (PO) in Alley’s Scrum agile framework, the Digital Strategist is responsible for working collaboratively with clients to develop a strong vision for their web project and guiding the production team in the realization of that vision. The Digital Strategist is the principal representative of clients’ needs within Alley’s production process. They are accountable for the delivery of Alley’s projects in terms of quality, performance, budget, and timeline. They describe and prioritize work for their team consistent with the product vision, and actively contribute to achieving near- and long-term product goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Function as the Product Owner (PO) for a Scrum team
- Develop and articulate a clear and achievable product vision to the clients assigned to your Scrum team
- Provide expert strategic advice to Alley’s clients
- Manage business relationships with multiple clients in diverse fields
- Prioritize team tasks that reflect the product vision, client needs, and business value
- Actively contribute to product delivery
- Review the team’s work for quality and provide final sign-off on completeness
- Oversee project budgets and delivery timelines
- Be the primary point of contact and accountability for projects assigned to your team
- Stay abreast of developments and trends on the web to inform new ideas and advice to Alley’s clients
- Participate in business development activities as needed, including new business opportunities from existing clients and fresh sales leads
- Participate in Scrum rituals, including a daily stand-up, weekly sprint plannings, sprint retrospectives, and meetings with other Alley product owners
- Be a contributing member of Alley’s Product Owner Community of Practice to share experiences and insights that benefit the entire company
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience delivering web projects, including new sites, full redesigns, and site features in a role such as a producer, strategist, or business analyst
- Ability to effectively balance a number of simultaneous client projects
- Experience speaking to stakeholders about web product strategy and technical topics
- Ability to interact directly and routinely with client stakeholders
- Ability to work remotely as part of a distributed company
- A team-oriented mindset to help your team coalesce around a product vision and strategy
- Ability to work well with software engineers, designers, and other web professionals
- Familiarity with the Scrum agile product development framework a strong plus
- Familiarity with WordPress and other web technologies a strong plus
- Experience in a professional services agency a plus
- Professionalism, respect, and strong communication skills are required
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits. We also offer a 401(k) with company matching, a profit sharing plan, and an allowance for work-related expenses.
We have no set hours and do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to recharge and we suggest an average of three weeks off per year.
We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home, or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office and provide an allowance for needed supplies, or rent you a co-working space.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!