Digital Services Proposal Strategist and Writer at CivicActions
Title: Digital Services Proposal Strategist and Writer (Remote)
- Location: United States
CivicActions is currently searching for a Proposal Strategist and Writer. At CivicActions, we seek and pursue new business opportunities that help Federal and State governments develop open source, scalable and elegant digital services designed with users, not for them.
The Proposal Strategist and Writer plays a critical role in the development of compelling, compliant and winning proposals that reflect the brand and ethos of CivicActions. This key team player will leverage a thorough understanding of Federal technology and digital service delivery in the activities of the entire proposal process from pre-RFP through customer award.
Working on a collaborative team, the Proposal Strategist and Writer is responsible for leading, managing and supporting the proposal development process. Our quality standards are high. We are looking for a passionate individual who will bring maximum effort and take pride in their work product.
(Writing samples will be requested)
- Author digital services and technical content for Federal proposals, RFI responses, white papers, and marketing materials.
- Research and stay current with new technologies for the purposes of crafting technical strategies.
- Interpret RFP requirements for compliance mapping.
- Develop proposal templates, outlines, compliance matrices, resource assignments, production checklists, bid proposals and budgets.
- Fully edit and format documents.
- Coordinate, prepare for and participate in proposal meetings and reviews.
- Ensure submissions are accurate, complete, and compliant with RFP requirements and editorial specifications, while reflecting the brand and ethos of CivicActions.
- Participate in upkeep of sales databases such as Proposal Content, Graphics, Past Performance, Reusable Assets, etc. Review frequently to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Write reports of lessons learned. Collect and compile input.
- Thorough knowledge of Digital Services including the Digital Services Playbook, USWDS, IDEA Act, Open Data and Open Source, Human Centered Design, Customer Experience and Service Design.
- Excellent people skills and emotional intelligence. Able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority with both internal corporate staff and partners.
- Very strong verbal and written skills.
- Proven ability to work with and interview Subject Matter Experts to understand and write about complex technical and management approaches.
- Skilled in analyzing RFPs and preparing outlines, schedules, and proposal templates.
- Thorough, detail oriented and organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities. ble to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- 5 years years operating in the digital services space in the public or private sector.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Highly collaborative and able to accept feedback with grace and a positive attitude.
- Committed to continuous personal and team improvement.
We are a fully distributed remote team within the U.S. You can work from home or find a great co-working space. You just need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and a structured schedule because we are a truly collaborative team.
- $100,000 -$150,000 USD annual salary, plus variable compensation
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
We excel in our benefits offering and believe that people who are well taken care of can be more balanced, productive, and happy. We offer 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance. We have a generous 401(k) program as well as paid parental leave. Our open vacation policy encourages employees to take time off as needed, and you can structure your work day for optimum work-life balance, while ensuring you fulfill your responsibilities and work collaboratively with your team.. We have an annual all-hands retreat to connect with each other in person. We also emphasize professional development and offer an annual stipend.
Community participation is important to us and we ask that you spend 5% of your working time giving back to a community that you care about. We attempt to keep our work products ‘open by default’. This means that your work contributions during your time at CivicActions will be published under public license whenever possible, so you can bring your passion fully into your activities without the fear that your expressions will be locked away or prevented from having a positive impact in the world.
We value diverse teams at CivicActions. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!