Digital Rights Manager at Pex
Digital Rights Manager
- Remote (North America, Europe)
- Revenue – Digital Rights
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rights holders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing together rightsholders, platforms and creators to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
Pex’s Digital Rights Team manages the individual relationships with rightsholders across all media segments – music, film, video, broadcast, sports, and gaming. Responsibilities begin with introducing and garnering Attribution Engine engagement, carrying through to successful licensing and revenue generation by the rightsholder across all participating platforms.
- Build and manage relationships with key European composition rights holders, including music publishers, collection societies, special purpose vehicles, and other Collective Management Organizations
- Maintain active relationships with priority composition rights holders
- Present and promote the adoption of the Attribution Engine product to composition rights holders
- Coordinate catalog delivery, provide product setup and training while fostering maximum licensing/monetization of catalog
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction and success
- 2+ years experience in the music publishing industry, preferably focused in the EU/EEA/EFTA.
- Comprehensive understanding of musical work licensing for digital music service providers, social platforms, and user-generated content services in the EU/EEA/EFTA
- A significant set of key local independent music publisher contacts in various EU/EEA/EFTA countries
- Basic knowledge of musical works metadata standards (including CWR) and management
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Ability to present yourself, Pex, and Pex services in a professional manner
- Comfortable working remotely with a distributed team
- Fluent in English and at least one (preferably more) European language
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!