Digital Marketing Director at Endgame 360
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Endgame360 is a fast-growing digital media company that today runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, Remoter.Co, and MotorBiscuit. A creative organization at its core, Endgame360’s primary goal is to delight its millions of monthly readers with high-quality content. Relentless striving to foster a cycle of success, Endgame360’s mission is to combine data, technology, and storytelling to inform its on-the-go readers with high quality content. The company’s three core values are teamwork, radical honesty, and innovation. With its positive, results-oriented, and inclusive culture, Endgame360 has been recognized as an Inc Magazine Best Workplace in 2020.
Publishing since 2009, the company now has over 130 employees across nearly 30 states and enjoys millions of monthly readers across its four sites. Endgame360 is well-positioned to continue its growth in content, readers, and revenues.
Anywhere in the continental United States as the company operates virtually across approximately 30 states currently. Endgame360 is headquartered in Asheville, NC, but has been a remote workforce since inception. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, or WV. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
At this time, the Digital Marketing Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer. This position serves as a direct manager to the social media manager positions as well as future marketing related roles to be added.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Digital Marketing Director is a new position for our company and will be responsible for planning and executing the overall digital marketing strategy for Endgame360 across a variety of platforms with the goal of driving readers to our sites and strengthening our brands in applicable spaces.
The ongoing responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in the launching of new sites and products through the planning, positioning, and implementation of those brands and distribution channels.
- Serve as an internal advisor when it comes to marketing strategies and best practices.
- Identify and test new potential marketing channels to further audience growth.
- Research competitors on a consistent basis and remain knowledgeable of trends within the market, developing strategies for improvement.
- Work with cross-functional resources/teams as well as vendors/agencies to define, develop, plan, and implement digital marketing initiatives aligned with the company’s priorities, aimed at increasing traffic and diversifying our audiences, and that communicates the mission/value proposition to applicable stakeholders across a wide range of platforms, channels, and methods.
- Establish key metrics (for example ROI, conversion rates, daily ad spend, etc.) to measure the effectiveness of Endgame360’s marketing initiatives. Track performance of efforts, use information to adjust strategies, and ensure continuous improvement.
- Define and implement brand messaging, materials, and guidelines for Endgame360 and its sites. Partner with applicable parties within the company to ensure messaging and voice aligns in a consistent manner across various channels and departments.
- Develop and implement opportunities for followers/audiences to develop brand awareness and to engage with it (contests, polls, discussions, etc.).
- Executes search engine marketing or online promotions.
- Participate in the process of creating and managing a marketing/advertising budget.
- Maintain a strong understanding of our current audience per site as well as desired audiences. Considers how to best feature relevant articles/content.
- Partner with People Ops in developing effective employer brand strategies and communications both internally and externally as well as in the use of the company’s Remoter.Co site.
- Originate content as needed for marketing initiatives with focus on the quality of the content used. Partner with internal and external resources as needed for content.
- Partner with Executive Leadership in handling press releases regarding the company itself.
- Create marketing related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Prepare reports and presentations for management with a summary/analysis and recommended action steps.
- Become the company’s agent toward external parties such as media, stakeholders, and other strategic partnerships.
- Conduct marketed related surveys as applicable. Create processes for gathering feedback and analyzing it.
- Establish a Public Relations Strategy to best support our writers in original reporting and exclusive interviews. Ensure our business is certified to work with agents and other professional institutes to gain access to exclusive content. Build a scalable communication plan for interacting with these agents and institutes.
- Provide direct leadership to the social media managers as well as any future marketing team members. This position works with other departments such as Finance, Ad Ops, Technology, Editorial Support, Editorial, and People Ops
- Lead in a way that reflects and advances the mission, vision, values, strategies, and goals of the organization as well as results in others wanting to willingly follow, be engaged, motivated to perform their best, and in a manner that fosters creativity. This includes demonstrating compassion, fairness, confidentiality, discretion, ethical behavior, and decision-making. It also involves being considered as trustworthy and able to make sound business decisions.
- Coach, mentor, and provide consistent feedback to team members to further their professional development.
- Hold team members accountable to achieving goals and in meeting expectations. Partner with People Ops to address performance concerns.
- Ensure team members that report to you have the training and tools they need to be successful. Remove obstacles that may be in the way of their success to the best degree possible.
- Partner with People Ops in creating and delivering performance reviews for team members.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in the workplace and towards our readers and ensure team members to do the same.
- Hire and retain top talent that are passionate about the site’s success and vision, align with the company’s culture and values, reflect the diversity of our audiences, and are committed to personal, professional growth.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6-10 years previous experience within digital marketing as a Digital Marketing Director or in a similar leadership role and/or strategy advising capacity. Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in the digital media & publishing industry. The ideal candidate’s experience will include a leadership position developing and executing brand and marketing strategies, public relations, content production, and in launching new channels as well as in managing multiple effective campaigns, brand initiatives, and lead generation.
The final candidate will have many of the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes:
- Experience working within the digital media industry across multiple brands with a digital publisher is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience bringing new products to market: positioning, branding, launching message of product, etc.
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function.
- Artistic, graphic design, or video production backgrounds, creative abilities/thinking helpful.
- Proven organizational and project management skills and commitment to continuous improvement and driving results.
- Fluent in SEO, Google Analytics, and CRM Software. Experienced in many different areas of digital marketing such as: holistic marketing approaches, brand development/messaging, audience segmentation, product positioning, direct traffic, CRM, programmatic advertising, social media, organic search, email marketing, public relations, etc.
- Strategic thinking and planning as well as problem solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) and that results in the ability to interact with different target audiences. This includes communicating through various social media channels and tools like Zoom, Slack, Asana, and G-Suite as well as other software.
- Utilize good ethics and sound judgment to make good business decisions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable data and communicate the findings in a way others understand and use it to make sound business decisions. This includes analyzing audience behavior and determining personas.
- Strong writing and editing skills as well as attention to detail. Experienced in writing content for websites, emails, presentations, and other marketing materials.
- Lead in a way that incorporates the company’s vision, mission, values, culture, and results in team members being willing to follow, be motivated, and empowered to do their best. This requires the ability to communicate expectations, develop guidelines and standard operating procedures, coach and mentor others, hold individuals and teams accountable, and commitment to creating a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote environment.
- Willingness to participate in video calls.
- Passionate about or interest/knowledge in Endgame360’s content areas is always a plus!
A Bachelors degree and/or Certification in Marketing, Digital Technologies, or other related field required. MA in Marketing or Digital Technologies preferred.
This role’s annual salary will start at $114,000. Commensurate with experience.
Endgame360 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an exceptional bonus plan, flexible time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k with employer match, a continuing education allowance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, meet & greets, and financial advising. Endgame360 offers short-term disability insurance fully paid by the company. Endgame360 also offers voluntary long-term disability insurance, voluntary life insurance, and commuter benefits.
At Endgame360, We Insist That You Be You!
Our audience is made up of readers from many cultures and backgrounds. We celebrate that our team is no different. Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please submit an application. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please feel free to contact People Ops at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.