DIGITAL DESIGNER, PERFORMANCE MARKETING
location Remote category Marketing
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 20 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 15+ million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for a Part-time Contractor to join our Performance Marketing team. We are looking for a talented Digital Designer to help create and execute engaging, high-performing digital media across display, social advertising, YouTube, and more in support of the Ancestry suite of products, particularly AncestryHealth. As a Digital Designer, you have the ability to leverage insights and collaborate closely with both the creative and marketing teams to design media with impact.
A successful candidate is highly creative with a passion for storytelling, technically proficient with an eye for detail. We are looking for someone with a well-rounded background and experience primarily in digital. Experience working in the Health industry, and exposure to photography, video, and motion is a plus.
This person will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing a range of digital assets with a mobile first approach in support of AncestryHealth and additional Ancestry products. Digital ads and banners are the primary focus with opportunity to help create landing pages, micro-sites, illustration, web design updates, and brand assets required for in-house, global teams, and brand affiliates.
Please be prepared to share a portfolio with multiple examples of digital ads, banners and other forms of online media
What You Will Do
- Manage design projects from concept to completion and make adjustments for inevitable changes in timelines, deadlines, and project goals.
- Develop the look and feel of digital ads, banners, mobile interfaces and other technologies in the Interactive space to reflect the brand and the campaign theme.
- Iterate and refine creative concepts based on feedback and insights. Produce variations for creative concepts to drive a test and learn culture.
- Provide ongoing production support including sourcing imagery, resize banners, concept iterations, and image retouching. Meet with business partners to understand marketing objectives, translate them into Innovative creative solutions and persuasively present those solutions.
- Conceptualize practical uses of new and emerging technologies to drive better brand experience and/or higher performance.
- Display ability to develop high response executions as well as high brand executions when required.
- Work closely with Art Directors, Designers, and key stakeholders to execute pixel perfect digital comps.
- Proven ability to move fast and accurately when producing multiple versions and sizes of media assets; be comfortable working in a production intensive environment.
Who You Are
- Experience in narrative, conceptual (i.e., crafting stories and building brands), and graphic design (i.e., typography, layout and how it extends across digital).
- Possess a deep understanding of interactive design and the related tracks.
- Strong online portfolio with working examples of online advertising.
- Experience in motion-based storytelling.
- A passion for design, with an eye for detail, a good understanding of visual hierarchy and usability.
- Working Knowledge of CS Suite, HTML, HTML5, CSS, Flash proficiency preferred, ActionScript a plus.
- Ability to multitask, handle other duties as assigned, and manage projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in a deadline-sensitive, fast-paced, ambiguous environment. Maintain high level of design quality and strong work ethicA team player with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, interactive media or related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ of agency, in-house or start-up design experience and interactive work.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means