Digital Curriculum Manager at CollegeSpring
Digital Curriculum Manager
- Fully Remote
At CollegeSpring we equip schools and teachers with the tools to help students confidently prepare for the SAT and ACT. These tests are a critical part of college admissions, and every student deserves a chance to prepare. Yet test prep courses and private tutoring are often costly or hard to access. Our programs reduce this inequity by bringing high quality test preparation into schools. We build Test Confidence™ by training, supporting, and providing ongoing coaching to teachers at our partner schools to deliver the CollegeSpring curriculum to their students. Since 2008, CollegeSpring has helped provide school-day test prep to over 30,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, Michigan and New York. We are preparing to launch services in TX and FL.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are hiring two Digital Curriculum Managers, one with expertise in ELA content and one with expertise in STEM content.
The Digital Curriculum Manager will be responsible for translating current in-person content to digital learning content and designing additional learning experiences and content for teachers and students. This curriculum and resources will support in-person, blended learning, and fully virtual instructional models. This position will be responsible for ongoing iteration and improvement of ELA or STEM and ensure keeping ELA or STEM course content up-to-date, relevant, accurate, innovative, and accessible to the teachers and students we serve. This role will closely monitor trends in SAT and ACT program development, ELA or STEM instruction, education technology, culturally responsive teaching and social-emotional learning in order to best position CollegeSpring’s programming and play a key role in training and supporting the Partner Success Team in ELA or STEM instruction. The position reports to the Director of Curriculum & Training and is an integral part of the Programs & Impact team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Digital Curriculum Development & Instructional Design
- Translate in-person ELA or STEM content to digital learning content and integrate technology and multimedia for in-person, blended learning, and virtual program models.
- Design new ELA or STEM curriculum content to build out our course offerings, provide adaptive content to students performing at multiple levels, and meet the needs of partners.
- Design and redesign college knowledge and social-emotional learning content.
- Create teacher guides and lesson plans for all instructional content and activities including implementation recommendations for in-person, blended learning and virtual instruction
- Incorporate differentiation, accommodations through technology, and other solutions into program materials
- Leverage a variety of pedagogical techniques that enable CollegeSpring to better serve English Language Learners, students with learning disabilities, struggling students, advanced students, etc.
- Incorporate revisions and updates to CollegeSpring curriculum based on qualitative and quantitative program data, trends, and research.
- Review and create SAT and ACT-style ELA or STEM practice problems (and corresponding passages for ELA) with detailed solutions and teacher modeling guides
- Update Common Cartridge packages throughout the year as necessary with new content.
- Monitor trends in K-12 education, educational technology, college admissions and financial aid, and new SAT and ACT development and ensure CollegeSpring’s programs and materials are aligned with all.
- Create and oversee summative and formative test items related to content specialty
- Manage asset and content files for ELA or STEM course content
- Ensure all CollegeSpring curriculum materials are aligned to all other content and CollegeSpring’s approach to teaching and learning and branding
- Proofread all content to ensure relevance and accuracy.
- Project manage multiple projects within ELA or STEM content workstream and track progress, benchmarks, and milestones and meet ambitious timelines
- Manage test items including answer keys, solutions, standards alignment and coding.
Content Training & Support
- Create async and sync curriculum and content-related teacher training content and professional development workshops for internal program staff and teachers
- Develop expertise in the SAT and ACT and lead training for internal staff on curriculum updates and digital content, ELA or STEM content and instructional best practices and SAT/ACT content
- Work with the Program Success Team and partners to troubleshoot software/platform/browser issues for CollegeSpring digital content
- Provide assistance with LTI development
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
The Ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Mission and values-driven: You hold a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of partners and teachers along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels. You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily.
- Communication: You are adept and creative in all forms of communication and able to apply the right communication mode and style to the situation. You leverage emotional intelligence and knowledge of people to tailor communication to audiences, both internally and externally, at varying levels of seniority. You have strong awareness and command of non-verbal communication and self-presentation. You have strong listening skills.
- Problem Solving: You are open to different and new ways of tackling challenges and a willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things. You are calm under pressure and able to think analytically and logically through stressful situations. You are adept at including stakeholders in the problem-solving process. You demonstrate flexibility and openness to failure and willingness to try multiple solutions. You have the ability to bring critical thinking and informed assessment to all aspects of work. You have the ability to build from the ground up and also make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products.
- Relationships: You are able to anticipate the needs of people and proactively act. You have the ability to respond to stakeholders in an empathetic and compassionate way that values the relationship. You build strong internal relationships. You have the ability to empathize and see others’ perspectives.
- Data Analysis: You have the ability to interpret numbers, reports, data and trends and use that to inform decisions, program improvements and communication. You have the ability to find trends in data and translate those trends into strategic recommendations.
- Collaboration: You have an awareness of when to lean in and step back, when to leverage expertise of self and others. You have the ability to mine for and manage conflict and debate. You have a commitment to accountability in the process of collaboration. You have the ability to support others in their collaboration skills.
- Project Management: You have strong command and management of stakeholder roles in project completion and sign off. You have the ability to prioritize communication of the project and work with the broader stakeholder group as a part of overall project planning. You have the ability to manage up, down and across the organization. You have the ability to manage a project in a timely way that stays under budget. You have the ability to support others in their project management skills.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Prefer Master’s degree in Educational Technology, Curriculum Design, Learning Design, or equivalent professional experience required.
- 2+ years of dedicated digital curriculum development experience required
- Instructional experience in (ELA/STEM) required; 2+ years of full-time classroom teaching preferred.
- Experience with developing and/or delivering SAT/ACT preparation and college readiness curricula strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an educational environment serving BIPOC or first generation students.
- Comfortable working in a flexible, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficiency in educational technology and creating digital learning content that aligns to IMS Global Standards through HTML, CSS, Scorm, and other digital learning software.
- Experience working in multiple LMSs and ability to learn new applications.
DETAILS ABOUT THE ROLE
- Compensation for this role is competitive and in alignment with nonprofit roles in major U.S. markets. We will share the details of compensation for this role in initial conversations.
- Compensation includes a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, retirement plan, and PTO/holidays.
- This role is remote and can be done anywhere in the U.S.
- We are actively working to build a diverse team; people of color, people from working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender. We encourage you to review our anti-racism stance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!