Digital Copywriter, Editor – Bilingual Spanish, English at Bixal
Digital Copywriter, Editor (Bilingual Spanish/English)
- FULL TIME
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digitalproduct solutionsand strategic communications initiatives––bringinga high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our teamwith an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrivesand solutions flourish.
What will you do?
You will work as a fully bilingual (English-Spanish) content and web-savvy Digital Copywriter and Editor on a fast-paced and dynamic team. Under the guidance of a product owner and content strategist, this position will work collaboratively with copywriters, graphic designer, UX strategists, and others to support a large government website.
The ideal candidate is fully bilingual in English and Spanish with strong writing and editing skills in both languages. The candidate should be proactive and capable of taking initiative to create structure from ambiguity. The candidate should have a strong understanding of best practices of digital communications and strategy in areas, including multicultural communications, writing for the web, and user research.
Location: This role has the ability to be fully remote.
- Contribute to the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication
- Write clear, concise, grammatically correct copy in English and Spanish
- Write in the approved tone of voice for the client’s brand and be able to apply that tone in English and Spanish
- Edit copy in both English and Spanish to comply with in-house style guide/governance
- Use different language styles depending on the target markets, including agency’s key Spanish-preferring audiences
- Review and edit original copy and translations in Spanish
- Provide trans-creations (adapting messages from English to Spanish, while maintaining its intent, style, tone, and context)
- Create content in English and Spanish for a variety of digital channels
- Work with team members to refine overall writing practices
- Work effectively in an Agile, team-oriented environment
- Work with web content management systems and Microsoft and Atlassian software products (Drupal, Teams, Sharepoint, JIRA, Confluence)
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must reside in the US
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship at this point in time
- 3+ years of proven digital copywriting and editing experience
- 2+ years of proven experience in developing original content in Spanish and / or producing high quality, accessible language translations and trans-creations from English to Spanish
- Familiarity with commonly used style guide (ex. Accessible language or plain language guidelines)
- Understanding of different language styles
- Portfolio of work for review in English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail and quality assurance
- Be organized, self-motivated and willing to perform other related as assigned
Nice to Haves:
- Experience writing in South American Spanish or neutral Spanish
- Experience with simplified writing
- Experience with Drupal or other content management systems
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, or other ticketing systems
- Familiarity with Agile and / or Scrum
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Work from home flexibility
- 401K with matching incentive
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Flex Spending Account
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!