Digital Content Writer – Editor at Leadership for Educational Equity
Digital Content Writer/Editor
Position Grade: Manager 1
Position Location: Flexible Location
About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity is a nonprofit leadership development organization inspiring and supporting a network of civic leaders to eradicate the injustice of educational inequity.
Through one-on-one coaching, fellowships, workshops, and resources, LEE works to develop and inspire its members individually and collectively, across all disciplines – as policy makers, advocates, elected leaders and community organizers. LEE membership is free and currently open to all TFA corps members and alumni. LEE believes that when a diverse group of leaders, grounded in their classroom experience, are in leadership roles, they will serve as a transformative force for and with students, communities and the broader movement for educational equity.
LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. LEE is honored to have been selected as a LATINA Style 50 Award recipient and a When Work Works award recipient. We are also an Employer of National Service. If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more, please visit educationalequity.org.
The Digital Writer/Editor will write content for use for LEE’s communications team to support programs and campaigns across the organization, including email, social media, website, and more. This position will also be available to edit content that is submitted from teams across LEE.
Travel Requirements: 10% or less to travel for team meetings and retreats (potentially once or twice per year)
- Draft content (including program recruitment, event invitations, member stories, digital course recruitment, member engagement, and more) for teams across the organization to be used on email, social media, LEE website, and other channels.
- Review/edit email and web content written by LEE team members for grammar, spelling, flow, and general best practices
- Review/edit social media content for grammar, spelling, and general best practices (text length, brevity, tone/style, etc).
- Attend weekly team meetings with Communications team to align on assignments and priorities
- Attend weekly Office Hours with Communications team to participate in strategy sessions with teams as needed
- Additional meetings with Director, Digital Engagement as needed for priority setting and work product review
- College degree with minimum 3 years professional writing/editing experience
- Experience writing/editing for digital platforms, including email, social media, websites/blogs, and other promotional mediums
- Experience writing for non-profits
Benefits and Salary
Hourly pay for this position is competitive and based on prior experience.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!