Digital Content Manager at Galapagos Conservancy
Digital Content Manager
- United States
- Full time
Galapagos Conservancy (GC) is seeking a strong writer with proven digital media expertise in a nonprofit setting to fill our Digital Content Manager position. In this role, you will curate, develop and execute engaging content across the organization’s social media channels; email campaigns (including a monthly e-newsletter); and websites (including the Newsroom and Blog on our English- and Spanish-language sites). Your overall role will be to keep our donors informed and activated using the latest digital media techniques and strategies to foster engagement and to continue building the organization’s following through a strong online organizational presence. This is a fantastic opportunity to apply your digital content skills in a rewarding conservation setting for a small but fast-paced NGO. The Digital Content Manager is a full-time position based remotely in the United States and will report to the Director of Digital Marketing.
- Maintain a comprehensive content calendar for GC’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube;
- Research, write and post daily channel- and audience-specific social media content in accordance with organizational voice and current best practices;
- Utilize analytic tools to review key digital metrics, update internal monthly metrics report and inform strategy;
- Curate relevant content for GC’s online Newsrooms (English and Spanish); translate content from Spanish as needed;
- Periodically publish blog posts from guest authors to GC’s websites;
- Write and lay out periodic e-newsletter, membership renewal reminders, and other constituent emails as needed;
- Serve as primary point person to respond to constituent inquires from social media and other channels;
- Assist the Director of Digital Marketing in search engine optimization (SEO), constituent surveys, environmental scans, general web and video projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field;
- Minimum one year of experience working in social media and email management for a nonprofit organization;
- Demonstrated understanding of current digital and social media best practices and trends, including knowledge of how to optimize channels for maximum reach and visibility;
- Experience creating a wide range of content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; knowledge of Facebook’s advertising platform required;
- Proven ability to organize time, work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively and efficiently;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills absolutely essential;
- Ability to think critically, conduct research and synthesize data into tangible recommendations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, WordPress and Squarespace (or other CMS), and Blue State Digital or other online email marketing/CRM software;
- Video editing knowledge a plus;
- Intermediate Spanish language proficiency required.
This is a full-time position M-F position with core working hours from approximately 9am-5pm ET. Salary is competitive based on skills and experience. A generous benefits package includes: health insurance, disability insurance, vacation and sick leave and Simple IRA plan.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!