Digital Content Editor – (1619017)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Summary of role:
Reporting to the Manager of Self Service for North America Customer Service & Support (NACSS), the Digital Content Editor manages knowledge bases and other content used by our customers and Technical Support agents to resolve technical issues.
- Work closely with Product, User Assistance and User Experience teams to produce concise, relevant content for internal and external knowledge bases.
- Work with Website, Social Media and Customer Incident Communications teams to present a consistent support message across channels.
- Follow established guidelines and best practices to ensure consistent tone and format of support content.
- Use analytics to identify trends and opportunities for continual improvement of content and it’s delivery.
- Work with stakeholders to maintain/update/purge content that is no longer relevant.
- Keep up on industry trends and best practices.
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure they have the tools and training to submit quality content that follows established guidelines.
- Report on knowledge base articles usage and trends as well as make suggestions on knowledge base management.
- Attend meetings with key stakeholders and communicate with other teams to ensure proper workflow and process on knowledge management.
- Participate in conversations surrounding Pearson’s content and brand.
- Tag and title content, with an understanding of how the words chosen impact natural search traffic and rankings via recurrent optimized content.
- Implement a communications strategy and guidelines document and then demonstrate results by testing and metrics. The main focus is writing for various forms of media with an emphasis towards online Self Service.
- Work closely with Technical Support teams to understand their top volume drivers and create online content for customers to help them understand/mitigate those issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with knowledge management, preferably in Salesforce.
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field.
- Experience writing for a diverse, online audience.
- Passion for communication with excellent written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well cross-functionally in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of SEO, SEM
- Excels at research, possesses excellent, contemporary writing skills and the ability to create editorial and technical writing independently.
- Has work experience or training in writing for adult learning and Self Service
- Understands the power of customer Self Service and has demonstrated creativity in online Self Service
- Extensive analytical skills. Experience of interpreting data and insights to drive approach. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and Salesforce reporting a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Positive can-do attitude with ability to work both autonomously as well as with large teams.
- Multimedia content creation skills a plus – videos, graphics, other digital assets.
- Experience with moderation of online user communities/ discussion forums.
- This is a remote position from any US location.
Primary Location: US-RE-Remote
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 30, 2016
Schedule: Full-time Regular