Digital Content Editor at iHeartMedia
Title: Digital Content Editor
- Location: Virtual, USA
The ideal candidate will have experience conceiving, writing and editing music and entertainment content, from breaking news to features, a deep understanding of internet culture, the ability to identify stories before they go viral and the ability to quickly edit copy to be clear and snappy. Is first and foremost a lover and avid consumer of music, who also has a voracious appetite for television, movies, and prides him or herself on having an encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture. Must have a keen sense of why certain content is trending across social platforms. This person is a skilled researcher who can learn about unfamiliar topics at the drop of a hat, and is an organized and detail-oriented editor who can manage deadlines and turn around content very quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, write and edit a high volume of content daily at a fast pace, ensuring that copy is accurate, grammatically correct and entertaining.
- Generate creative and compelling ideas for features, photo galleries and other shareable content across multiple music formats.
- Produce coverage around our exclusive music tent pole’ events and other franchises, as well as various awards show coverage throughout the year
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Journalism or English
- 1-3 years relevant experience in web producing and content creation
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills and editorial judgment
- Journalism, blogging or writing experience in a quick-paced environment
- Professional experience copy-editing, or editing according to a style manual, such as the AP Stylebook
Requirements and General Skills:
- A proven track record in creating highly shareable, viral content, with particular success on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels and collaborate with a team on a daily basis
- A collaborative and positive attitude in both writing and life are a must
- A love of new music, including pop, dance, hip-hop, country and rock preferred
- Working knowledge of SEO and tag management best practices a plus.
- Understanding of content marketing principles, fundamentals, strategies and key trends
- Self starter, ability to work alone but also across long-term, complex editorial projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Writing clean, engaging online content (blog posts, headlines, social media content)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines
- Knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Image editing in Photoshop, etc.
- Experience in CMS publishing
- Basic HTML
- VIRTUAL, USA
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!