DevOps Engineer – Data
Core Business Services
About EY: EY is a global leader in Advisory, Assurance, Tax, and Transaction Services. The insights and quality services we deliver build trust and confidence in capital markets and economies throughout the world. We are a $30B+ partnership spanning 150+ countries with 270K+ employees continuously evolving the business landscape to build a better working world.
Our Team’s Culture: EY’s mission is to build a better working world and we can’t do it without the right people: exceptional people know for their thought leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to work with the best, constantly learn and create positive change. In the CTPE (Client Technology Platform Engineering) Team within the Client Technology (CT) organization, we use innovative and superior technology capabilities while maximizing efficiency to allow further invest in ongoing growth. Our evolving approach adopts the innovative and cultural approaches of technology leaders:
- To build high performing and independent global teams, we value integrity, respect, collaboration and excellence
- We foster continuous learning through purposeful and broad sharing of knowledge
- We evolve and challenge teams by communicating in a respectful, direct and open manner
- In pursuit of speed and flexibility, we focus on outcomes rather than rules
- To foster creativity, we want work to be fun, exciting and rewarding
- We automate the repeatable to ensure speed and quality
- We exercise good judgement in balancing strategic goals with tactical needs
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the engineering and escalation support of leading and emerging technology designs as part of a global product team using a mixture of COTS, MOTS and custom developed software hosted using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud services. You will work as part of an evolving Agile DevSecOps Team to rapidly design, secure, build, test and release new technology enabled capabilities. The role is primarily an individual contributor who collaborates closely with other Engineers, Architects, InfoSec Consultants, Product Managers & Owners, and internal customers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Engineer and automate platform solutions to meet and exceed expectations of Product Manager
- Secure and automate solutions through collaboration with InfoSec and Architecture resources
- Proactively evolve and apply DevSecOps methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Ensure re-use through consumption and expansion of shared platform technology assets
- Apply modern development standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, security standards, usability design standards, as approprioate.
- Ensure quality through use of manual and automated controls
- Provide direction, training and escalation support for platform/product operations
- Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
- Using strategic thinking, consider the art of the possible, compare various options based on feasibility and impact, propose actionable plans and roadmaps that balance tactical and strategic needs
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to contribute as a leading member of global, distributed teams focused on delivering quality services and solutions
- Able to distill complex technical challenges to actionable and explainable decisions
- Inspire DevSecOps teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Demonstrate excellent engineering & automation skills in the context of cloud based global platform/product delivery using continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Demonstrate ability to rapidly learn new and emerging technologies with ability to rapidly define engineering standards and produce automation code
- Operational abilities including early life support and driving root cause analysis and remediation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
- 10+ years overall IT industry experience
- 3+ years in an engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- 2+ years CI/CD delivery using code management, configuration management and automation tools such as GitHub, VSTS, Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Ambari, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Experience with any of the following: Azure, O365, Azure Stack, Azure AD
- Large scale design, implementation and operations of OLTP, OLAP, DW and NoSQL data storage technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure SQL DW, PostgreSQL, CosmosDB, RedisCache, Azure Data Lake Store, Hadoop, Hive, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, HBase
- Creation of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions such as Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight, HDP, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Tez, SSAS, Watson Analytics, SPSS
- Design and configuration of data movement, streaming and transformation (ETL) technologies such as Azure Data Factory, HDF, Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Sqoop, SSIS, LogicApps, Signiant, Aspera, MoveIT, Alteryx, Pentaho, IDQ,
- Enablement of data reuse through Data Catalog/Marketplace, Search and Governance technologies such as including Azure Data Catalog, Waterline, Apache Atlas, Apache Solr, Azure Search, Alteryx Connect, Datawatch Monarch Swarm, Collibra Catalog, Enigma Councourse
- Application of Information Architecture in large enterprise through use of industry standard modeling, mapping, management, metadata and quality standards and technologies such as MDM, IDQ, IDEF1X, UML,
- Multi-system data Integration using industry standards such as SOAP, REST, API in the context of patterns such as SOA, ESB, EAI, BPI and API Gateway leveraging iPaaS and ESB technologies such as Apache Knox, Boomi, Mulesoft, SnapLogic, Informatica, Workato, Jitterbit
- Visualization using technologies such as PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, D3, Spotfire, Qlik
- IoT technologies such as IoT Hub, IoT Edge, Event Grid
Nice to have Experience:
- Experience performing DevOps/DevSecOps engineering on a platform or product
- Experience with any claims based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, RBAC, or ABAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience with resilient and highly available mission critical technology components
- Experience with multi-geo, multi-tier service design and operations
- Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.
Nice to have Certifications:
- Microsoft, Redhat, TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL, Cisco, (ISC)2, CEH, SAFe, PMI, etc.