DevOps Consultant at WellDyne
DevOps Consultant (Remote)
- Temp – Paid in ADP
- Lakeland, FL, US
- Requisition ID: 1240
- Remote – U.S.
- 2-3 months
The DevOps Consultant will oversee infrastructure automation and harness its power to deliver value faster and more efficiently and assist the department to deliver software in a continuous manner and respond rapidly to technology-driven changes that organization may face. The DevOps Consultant will collect and analyze feedback throughout the software life cycle to make proper changes and enhancements to address business challenges in a cost-efficient manner.The DevOps Consultant is characterized as having a positive attitude, being customer oriented, and willing work with IT and business staff to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with internal project teams to draft requirements, advise, implement and support and train on new and existing corporate systems
- Design and implement client/server systems, supporting enterprise-wide applications
- Manages data center and server room functions
- Establish or recommend policies and procedures for system use and services.
- Report on overall systems state and advise on any recommendations
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and tiered software applications.
- Implement and maintain system security procedures and configurations.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Document all configurations and resolutions relating to servers and issues
- Tier 3 escalation point
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- General understanding of desktop, server and network technologies
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- 5+ years of experience in an IT support or technical environment, with PC or client/server platform experience
- Expert Level experience in Windows Server OS Troubleshooting, Active Directory, and O365.
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting
- Virtualized environments
- Shared storage platforms
- AWS/Azure cloud environments
- Azure Active Directory
- 5 years of experience presenting and implementing solutions in a corporate environment.
- Experience supporting desktop/ laptops, software installation, printers, and hardware
- Ability to communicate, train, work with and build relationships with end users, business partners, and IT team members.
- Microsoft Certifications are beneficial
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work extended hours or weekends when necessary
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment that requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer. This position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard phone, fax machine, and copier.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!