DevOps and Platform Engineer at Parsable
DevOps and Platform Engineer
Parsable gives frontline human workers a digital edge in an increasingly automated world. We develop powerful, user-centric software which creates better outcomes, greater work opportunities and awesome products at some of the largest enterprises in the world. Companies like Georgia-Pacific, Henkel, Suntory, Corteva Agriscience and Shell rely on Parsable’s mobile-first Connected Worker Platform to empower their industrial workers with modern digital tools and measurably increase productivity, quality and safety across their operations.
Parsable is hiring a DevOps and Platform Engineer to join our Core Platform Team which is a hybrid team whose objective is to deliver and maintain core libraries, monitor and improve site reliability and apply high security standards.
- Build, develop, and maintain core libraries, functions and services used by multiple teams
- Set up standards and templates on requirements, best practices and example usage
- Monitor and improve efficiency, performance and reliability of core systems
- On-call availability
- You’ve built libraries, plugins or extensions for common frameworks and tools used by other engineering teams and individuals
- Keen understanding of the tools, libraries, and frameworks developers need to do their job well.
- Experience helping Frontend, Back end, Monolithic, and Microservice architecture solutions get up and running quickly.
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for metrics, logging, monitoring and system performance.
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Helm, Salt/Ansible/Salt/Chef, etc) experience
- In depth knowledge of use cases between API Gateways, Service Meshes, and why some logic or application might run in one vs. the other.
- Experience supporting teams setting up new services onto company supported tools and platforms. This knowledge should extend to common pitfalls teams run into when setting up a new service for the first time.
- Experience helping or mentoring other engineering teams and teammates on getting any of the above systems up and running quickl
- Collaboration with other engineers to implement the right platform, tools, frameworks and the monitoring and logging for their applications.
- Planning strategy for short (3 months) and long (1+ years) with regards to usage, adoption and necessary changes of shared system delivered to be used by other development teams.
- Bonus: Any AWS, Microsoft, or Cisco certification is desirable. Extra points for mastery of networking and development tools.
- Bonus: Experience conducting security audits and compliance testing.
- Bonus: Experience managing infrastructure and data in multiple regions.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!