Development Writer at FoodCorps
Contract Development Writer
- Annual Fixed Term Contract (fiscal year: August–July)
- Commitment: 25–30 hours/week during standard business hours
- Location: Any (remote)
Who We Are
Together with communities, FoodCorps serves to connect kids to healthy food in school. We believe that every school should be a healthy school and every child—regardless of race, place, or class—deserves the nourishment they need to focus, learn, and thrive. In communities around the country, our trained AmeriCorps members work with staff, students, and community members to implement evidence-based strategies that get kids excited about eating healthy. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies to make healthy schools, and healthy kids, the norm nationwide.
What We’re Looking For
FoodCorps seeks an experienced contract Development Writer with strong research, analytical, and storytelling skills to craft compelling grant proposals, reports, and other donor-facing materials. Working within our geographically dispersed Growth & Development team, the Writer will support multiple members of our fundraising team through leading the development of engaging and accurate materials for institutional and individual donors and prospects that inspire investments and foster long-term partnerships with FoodCorps.
This position will report to the Associate Director of Philanthropic Communications. The position will be remote during this time of physical distancing, and we will consider fully remote candidates.
Who You Are
You are passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and values, and you’re driven by a commitment to health equity and social justice. You are a wordsmith, a strategic thinker, an organized and supportive collaborator, and a disciplined and adaptive writer who loves to create engaging narratives interwoven with research, stories, and data points. You are comfortable juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines, you have an exceptional attention to detail, and you are skilled at revising and repurposing existing content rapidly and effectively. You understand the power of words, and you have experience—or a keen interest—in ethical storytelling and employing inclusive language.
- Serve as a strategic, writing, and editing partner for our out-the-door fundraisers, reviewing requirements of assignments and gathering necessary information from existing materials and/or other departments to do so
- Research, write, and submit grant proposals, stewardship reports, and other donor-facing materials to the foundations, individuals, and corporate partners who fuel our work, ensuring timely submission of assignments
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, and continually update and refine internal resources to support effective fundraising and storytelling
Skills of the Ideal Candidate
- Development writing experience in a professional setting, with demonstrated experience in writing funded grant proposals
- Exceptional writing, editing, persuasion, and storytelling skills, with experience tailoring to multiple audiences
- Strong strategic, research, and analytical skills, and superb attention to detail
- Strong communication skills to support collaboration with dispersed staff
- Comfort with light formatting and design of donor materials
- Confidence working collaboratively and independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of or eagerness to learn about health equity, food and education systems, national service, and related issues
- High standard of ethics, ensuring discreet handling of donor records
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!