Development Assistant at Institute for Sustainable Communities - ISC
- Fully Remote • Flexible/Nationwide • Development
ISC seeks a dynamic Development Assistant who demonstrates strong administrative and organizational skills, superb attention to detail and deadlines, a strong ability to track and prioritize tasks, and excellent oral and written communications. The successful candidate is motivated, energetic, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment as a member of a growing team of professionals. The Development Assistant provides general administrative, logistical, project management, systems, and fundraising support. By supporting business development and fundraising, the Development Assistant ensures the smooth functioning of the Development team, who are working to cultivate and steward donors to support ISC’s work to advance equitable climate solutions across the United States and Asia.
ISC is committed to addressing structural racism and income inequality in the US and Asia that undermines efforts to build strong communities and regions prepared to respond to climate change. The ideal candidate will hold and have demonstrated actions illustrating the same commitment and values.
This position will work from a fully virtual/home office during working hours that align with Eastern or Central U.S. time zones.
- Assist with tracking opportunities, researching prospects, and preparing proposals and reports.
- Process and acknowledge gifts and pledges promptly.
- Track pre- and post-award funder deadlines, requirements, and reporting.
- Assist with fundraising appeal production including updating donor lists, editing, printing, mailing, and managing the task timeline.
- Support donor stewardship including thank yous, invitations, and feedback surveys.
- Help organize and staff in-person and virtual events and campaigns, including scheduling, invitations, logistics, and follow-up.
- Maintain and regularly update systems, resources, and tools, documenting best practices and lessons learned.
- Maintain Salesforce/CRM system (donor and contact database) including data entry, report preparation, analysis, documenting protocols and processes.
- Maintain funding information in Salesforce and reconcile periodically with ISC’s Finance team.
- Collect data and maintain databases related to fundraising, metrics, and outcomes and support the development of periodic internal and Board reports.
- Maintain electronic filing system (ensure good order, accessibility, and consistent naming conventions) and purge as necessary.
- Schedule/confirm meetings, provide meeting support, and arrange travel for the VP of Development.
- Monitor and ensure responsiveness to department emails, phone calls, and other inquiries as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of project documents (reports, work plans, project summaries, etc.), consulting agreements, and drafting correspondence, and other written collateral.
- Take meeting notes, participate in webinars and trainings, and share learnings with the team.
- Order and track team-related supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to four years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Values and strives to demonstrate values of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills that reflect a customer service focus and attention to detail
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising, events, and proposal development
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a contributing team member and with people at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changes in the work environment, and manage competing demands
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, Google platforms, and data and information management systems. Experience working in Salesforce is a plus.
- Must be able to work remotely effectively
- Flexibility, graciousness under fire, and a sense of humor
- Commitment to the ISC mission and goals
ISC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace. People from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!