Desktop Publishing Specialist at Avantpage
DTP Freelance Specialist, US-based (REMOTE)
Providor Davis, California
Avantpage, a California-based translation and localization agency, is seeking a DTP Freelance Specialist to join our external Provider network.
DTP at Avantpage encompasses formatting files in a multilingual environment, as our company’s mission is to provide US minority communities with documents in their native languages. We mostly focus on healthcare and social/government/education-related content.
As an external Graphic Designer, you will play a vital role in helping us fulfill our goal to provide clients with high-quality services. You would be working using InDesign and MS Office applications.
While we value creative and marketing-focused DTP Artists, we are more specifically looking for Designers with experience in the translation industry or with multilingual content.
- Format translated files so that they mirror the source files without compromising the message and the layout of the original document(s).
- Recreate non-editable file(s) in InDesign or MS Word.
- Ensure that culturally accurate and appropriate message is reflected through the use of graphics, fonts, colors, and other design elements.
- Prepare design files that are to be translated.
- Comply with all requirements for handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with project managers, and other team members.
- Handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with formatting files in different languages is required.
- Expert in Adobe Programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.) and MS Office environment.
- University degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or in a relevant field.
- Close attention to detail both in language and visual design.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Second language command is a plus.
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed instructions and document specifications.
- High commitment to quality and delivering error-free files.
What do we offer:
- Initial training session in our internal tools and processes.
- Opportunity to gain experience in the translation and localization industry.
- Working in a multicultural environment (we have offices in the US, Mexico, and Poland).
- Flexible working hours (you set your own availability and productivity).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!