Designer (with management experience)
Bandcamp is seeking a talented designer to help us create new products and features, improve existing ones, and make our site and mobile apps shining beacons of wonder for all who gaze upon them.
- Have a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of artists and their millions of fans each and every day.
- Collaborate across disciplines — working closely with engineering, product management, customer support and others.
- Work closely with other designers to assure alignment across the ecosystem.
- Conduct user research and use insights gained from it to inform your design decisions.
- Bring your mastery of visual design and contemporary prototyping tools (Sketch, etc) to design across multiple devices and platforms.
- Work with design team leadership on nurturing a strong, collaborative design team.
- User-experience/interaction/product and visual design experience with consumer facing products.
- A strong understanding and dedication to the user-centered design process.
- The ability to take your ideas from sketches to mockups to production-ready HTML/CSS.
- Experience designing across multiple devices and platforms.
- Skills at giving and receiving feedback and understanding its importance in design process.
- An irrepressible joie de vivre that permeates your work and elevates it from good to great.
- A desire to work with a diverse group of individuals from around the world.
- The ability to clearly present and communicate your work.
- Well-rounded design experience and/or interest in other areas like animation, illustration, print, video and/or photography.
- Experience managing other designers and helping a design team grow.
- The ability to lead the design of multiple projects at once.
You live in any part of the world, but your work schedule overlaps GMT-7 at least four hours each day.
If this is you then let’s talk.
Please submit your resume, portfolio and a brief blurb about yourself and why you want to work at Bandcamp to here.
How we work
Our team is sprinkled throughout the world, with arms, cells, pods, what-have-yous in Oakland, Brooklyn, Montreal, British Columbia, the British Isles, Pittsburgh, Vermont, Paris, Melbourne, and Tokyo. We use a bunch of online collaboration tools to work together across time zones, and once a year we all get together in person for a week of trust falls and youthful misunderstandings (all ages welcome, no actual trust falls). We welcome/celebrate all manner of variance in ethnicity, race, culture, gender, and sexuality, and hope you’ll consider joining us!
What we offer
- Work from anywhere. You can work for Bandcamp from wherever you want to be, so long as the wifi is strong and your schedule overlaps GMT-7 at least four hours each day. If you prefer a co-working space to your kitchen table we cover the cost, and you’re always welcome to work from one of our as-close-as-we-get-to-an-office offices in Oakland, Victoria, Brooklyn, and Raleigh.
- Generous vacation (as in, no set number of days). We’ll remind you to take some, if necessary.
- Family leave. We have common sense leave, so take what you need. If you’ve been at Bandcamp for a year, your leave is fully paid.
- Matched charitable donations.
- Health, vision, dental, 401k matching, and travel insurance, but these are country-specific, so let’s talk.