Design Advocate at Abstract
Location: United States
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch and additional design tool files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Shopify, Cisco, Intuit, Spotify, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a self-motivated, relationship-driven, design enthusiast to play an important role in providing hands-on client education and evangelize Abstract to design teams. As a Design Advocate, you are an Abstract product expert and customer champion. You will work closely with Sales and Customer Success teams to create meaningful relationships with design and product teams as well as other stakeholders in order to educate, nurture, and grow their adoption of Abstract. In addition, you will work closely with Design, Product, and Engineering to provide input into product direction based on customer feedback.
What You’ll Do:
Grow and Educate Abstract’s Customer Base
We want the world to not only know about Abstract but to be successful using Abstract. One of the best ways to do this is through education. You will be responsible for understanding the customer’s pain points and challenges as well as ensuring design teams are guided and enabled to overcome those challenges through the adoption of Abstract. This includes performing such tasks as:
- Best Practices Sessions: Virtual or on-site consultative sessions to fully understand customer’s design workflows and challenges. Then presenting recommended approaches for implementing Abstract and how to best utilize its features.
- Product Demos: Demonstrate the value of Abstract’s customized features by providing hands on overviews of the product and various user scenarios.
- Webinars and Training Sessions: Drafting, creating and presenting, virtual or on-site training seminars of Abstract’s core features.
- Blogs and Support Articles: Create and publish guides on Abstract best practices and how to’s in order to scale the dissemination of product knowledge and foster adoption.
- Speaking Engagements and Meet-ups: As a product expert, you may be called upon to represent Abstract as a conference or meet-up speaker or attendee.
Help Improve the Abstract Product Offering
As the customer champion, you will often be called upon to help with Abstract’s more strategic customers or those who are experiencing issues and need high-touch assistance. Given your close relationship built with Abstract customers, you will play a key role in providing input to the product and engineering teams. This includes performing such tasks as:
- Sharing Customer Insights: Consistently document customer feedback—good and bad—and synthesize these findings into clear insights, which you will present in regular meetings with Design, Product and Engineering.
- Assisting with Early Access Programs: By understanding the needs of our customers and having good relationships with customer advocates, you will be responsible for identifying teams as potential Early Access testers for specific features, monitor and manage feedback , facilitate design reviews with Early Access teams, as well as synthesize and share feedback with Design and Engineering.
Please note this role will require up to 20% travel
What You’ll Bring:
- Passion for Design Systems and Design Ops
- Desire and ability to frequently present and engage with audiences of all sizes
- Experience in educating, consulting or selling to design or technical teams
- Working knowledge of Adobe XD as well as Sketch, Illustrator and other common design tools
- Commitment to initiating a project, delegating as needed and following through to completion
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working within a remote team environment
- Ability to coordinate communication across various internal departments including Sales, Support, Design, Product and Engineering teams
- Experience collecting feedback, managing requests and resolving issues
- Collaborative and consultative in nature and a positive team player
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We offer healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance (some plans are offered at no costs for employees). We offer 10 weeks parental leave, flexible paid-time off andflexible working arrangements.
Additional perks include:
- Dependent care and Health care FSA
- Commuter benefits (SF office employees only)
- Employee-Paid Pet Insurance Options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to Financial Advisors
- Wellness Stipend
To help employees plan for the future, we’re able to offer competitive pay and retirement/401(k).
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!