Delivery Manager – US (Remote)
- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
The Delivery Manager will provide technical leadership and management for software engineering teams. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of agile software development, consulting, and workforce management. This role sits cross-functionally across our engineering, operations, and customer-facing teams.
The ideal candidate is excited about technology, passionate about learning and teaching. This is a fast-paced, dynamic role in a very entrepreneurial and creative environment. The position requires expert analytical skills, experience managing engineers and other delivery personnel, as well as exceptional communication abilities with internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for someone with precise attention to detail, the ability to think critically, and that can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
Outcomes for the Role
- Using your superb communication skills you will provide a clear channel between our Engineers, Engineering Directors, ensuring teams are as efficient and productive as possible.
- Utilizing your significant experience scoping and delivering complex technology projects, you will aid accurate specification and staffing to ensure projects are delivered accurately.
- You will work closely with our customer account managers to anticipate, communicate and mitigate any delivery risks to the customer and our wider business.
- Using your knowledge of developing and utilizing appropriate workforce management methodologies, you will help improve our internal instrumentation and analyze metrics to optimize leveraged teams and mitigate risk within Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the technical solution design in alignment to customers goals.
- Resource forecasting, managing utilization and realization.
- Ensure delivery excellence in varying focus areas such as Cloud, Architecture & DevOps.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams.
- Experience managing teams that are globally distributed.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, especially at scale.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience with 5 years of team management experience.
- Significant experience delivering IT Consulting services with broad range of relevant technologies.
- Pre-sales experience in providing solution design support to the sales team’s efforts.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field.
- Software engineering best practices knowledge including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a digital product agency that accelerates digital transformation. Driven by a team of world-class talent, we have been recognized by the Inc. 5000 list 4 years in a row as a top ranked software company in the Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland area.
Modus accelerates business outcomes with our integrated product strategy, customer experience, cloud, agile, engineering, and open source and emerging technology engagements. Additionally, we are proud partners of Atlassian, Ionic Framework, GitHub, and AWS. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products.
We are a global, bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 185+ people in 42+ countries in 8 years, committed to building the best digital product agency on the planet.
We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
Why Modus Create
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work remotely / telecommute
- 100% full family health insurance coverage, 401K and other benefits.
- Working side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech