ANYWHERE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES
About the position
Greenhouse is looking for a PostgreSQL Database Administrator to join our team!
Acting as our in-house expert on database, especially Postgres, and data architecture, you will have a positive impact on our entire organization, and most specifically, our Tools and Operations Engineering and Infrastructure teams. You will take full ownership of our databases and play a huge part in all data architecture related decisions at Greenhouse.
Who will love this job:
- An efficient worker, you have a strong focus on quality and are excited to learn new concepts quickly
- A self starter, you independently get things done and are constantly seeking continuous improvement
- A problem solver, you love solving difficult issues while also staying on the look out for potential problems down the road
- A standout colleague, you enjoy sharing your database knowledge with teammates and training and advising your peers
What you’ll do:
- Act as our primary point person for all database related issues; lead support efforts when and if any problems arise
- Collaborate with and provide sizing, scaling and parameter tuning recommendations to our internal Site Reliability/Infrastructure team
- Continually improve, optimize, and implement database best practices on our primary data stores
- Help Application and Infrastructure teams make scaling, data and data-architecture related decisions
- Train and advise the Application Development teams on database related topics, like query optimization and schema migrations
You should have:
- Experience managing SQL databases
- Experience managing PostgreSQL databases
- Experience administering production systems
- Experience scaling and tuning production Postgres instances
- Understanding of web architecture as it relates to databases; experience with ORM
- Experience managing data technologies databases, non-relational databases, a plus
- Experience managing RDS databases, a plus
- Experience working with logical decoding, a plus
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee’s journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And… we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. 🙂
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.