Database Administrator at KinderCare
Title: Database Administrator – Remote Opportunity
About KinderCare Education®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare®Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions®before and after-school programs.
As part of our IT Operations team, you are an experienced and highly skilled SQL DBA who maintains, improves, and supports our mission-critical application and reporting databases across the enterprise systems suite. These application and business intelligence DBs are integral to several rapidly growing lines of business as we undertake a roadmap of technical and digital transformation including migration to the Cloud.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage SQL Server databases supporting critical business applications across multiple application stacks
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system’s health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Provide suggestions for solutions to deadlocks, performance issues, index optimization, etc
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Participate in on-call rotation for critical production system support
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
Key desired skills and experience:
- 3 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role
- 3 years of experience with MY SQL Server Administration experience (required)
- 3 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- 3 years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- 3 years of experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills\
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to achieve results within tight deadlines.
- Positive, results-driven, rational, logical, team player.
- Experience working with remote teams is desirable.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Other Locations: US-Remote Opportunity
Job: National Support Center
Job Type: Full-time, Day Job