Data Warehouse Developer | Remote
Department: Business Intelligence
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we’re able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization—Sales, Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the break rooms with endless coffee supplies—everyone can influence the experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We tell our customers and our partners that anything can be reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?!
Who We Need:
Cardinal Financial is in search of a Data Warehouse Developer. Within this position, you’ll be focused on expanding, maturing, and maintaining the Firm’s data analytics platform. The Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for the development of the extraction, transformation, and loading of the data warehouse structures, as well as the business intelligence reporting implementation. This position will collaborate with an advanced line of business users in order to maintain accurate metadata and support early-stage analytics for new datasets and report requirement examples.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and support an ETL process for data warehouse structures that support the reporting and data analytic systems.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of business analysts and report developers to develop and build EDW artifacts, such as SQL code, logical and physical data models, and business intelligence reports.
- Contribute to software design and architecture while following development specifications and standards.
- Perform both analyst and developer responsibilities as needed within the full stack supporting the data warehouse.
- Perform complex analysis and design across multiple database platforms and technologies.
- May need to instruct and guide those with less experience.
- To conduct research into new data warehouse applications and determine viability for adoption.
- Identify and describe BI problems and requirements from across the organization.
- Collaborate with data providers to ensure the right data is in the warehouse and is updated as changes occur in the data providers’ source system applications.
- Profile and understand large volumes of source data, including structured and unstructured data. Sources will include MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, flat files, web application API’s and the Cloud.
- Regularly conduct ETL and database performance tuning. Look for ways to improve overall performance.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing metrics and develop new metrics to help move the organization forward by identifying waste in our processes.
- Provide insight into creating and maintain a system that helps ad-hoc metrics providers move to a more robust and shareable reporting interface.
- Assist in the development of metrics and processes to ensure quality standards are met on new and existing data.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field.
- At least 5 years of recent experience required in full stack data warehouse development.
- At least 5 years of recent business intelligence semantic layer design and report development using one or more tools like Tableau, OBIEE, Microstrategy, Business Objects, etc.
- Expert level experience SQL coding/querying skills with a major database platform (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL Redshift, etc.).
- Understand data warehouse design and ETL performance techniques.
- Experience with one or more ETL tools such as Talend, Data Services, Data Integrator, Informatica, SSIS, etc.
- Experience with large relational data sets, including load performance, query performance, archiving, etc.
- Experience working with unstructured or semi-structured data; time series data.
- Ability to provide total analytic support which includes data extraction from multiple sources, synthesizing and aggregating data and developing reports.
- Ability to clearly explain technical and analytical information (verbally, written, and in presentation format).
- Strong organization skills.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) data warehousing techniques is a plus, especially Data Management Services, Data Pipeline and AWS Analytics platforms.
- Experience in ETL job scheduling tools and implementation a plus.
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month following your start date including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.
WE ARE CARDINAL FINANCIAL
We started Cardinal Financial with a passion for developing a better mortgage experience. Our proprietary loan origination software, Octane, is a sure advantage, but we soon found out that revolutionary technology only goes so far without revolutionary people. We place a premium on hiring talented, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial spirits who are committed, not only to reimagining the possibilities of mortgage lending, but to delivering a personal experience to every borrower every time. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our people because they’re what sets us apart from the rest. Our culture is strengthened by self-starters who look forward to coming to work every day and are willing to go the extra mile for their colleagues and their clients. Cardinal Financial is where your career meets your calling. Join us and be a part of something more than mortgage lending.