Data Validation Engineer at Smarking
Data Validation Engineer
Smarking is a leading provider of enterprise software and data technology solutions for the massively overlooked $655B global parking industry.
Clean data is one of the keys to our business. This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer who is passionate about data and and loves digging in. In this cross functional role between our customer success and engineering, you’ll be our go to engineer for diagnosing and fixing data accuracy and and data flow issues. You’ll work with technologies such as Python, PostgreSQL, pandas, sellenium, Microsoft Excel, Docker, AWS and be a key contributor to the success of our customers.
- Work with customer success to identify and fix data issues
- Be the engineering liaison to customer success
- Dig into the data to insure accurate interpretation of its semantics
- Build tools to streamline the data accuracy process
- Occasionally interact with customers and vendors to facilitate accurate data ingestion
- 2+ years professional software engineering experience
- desire to learn new technologies
- demonstrated ability to work with data
- experience with relational databases and tools for analyzing relational data
- experience with Python, pandas, and PostgreSQL and AWS would be a plus
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team first
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- $60 per month gym membership (or other physical activity)
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
Smarking is a group of passionate MIT PhDs, data scientists, Silicon Valley engineers, and battle-tested business professionals, committed to enable highly efficient urban mobility by building the digital infrastructure for the massively overlooked $655B global parking industry ($131B in the US).
Smarking is hired by organizations like Brookfield Properties, City of Miami, ABM Industry Groups, and many other enterprise industry leaders to turn their parking data into business results. Smarking’s dynamic pricing engine has been creating 40%-400% revenue uplift for online parking sales at parking facilities in Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities, without any manual involvement required from property managers, leveraging fully automatic algorithm-driven yield management technologies similar to the airline and hotel industries.
By providing the very first business intelligence and yield management enterprise SaaS to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as an emerging leader in the US parking market. Smarking currently works with 2,500+ parking locations cross North America, based in San Francisco, and backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator.