Data Scientist, Risk and Compliance at Jetty
Data Scientist, Risk & Compliance
Welcome to Jetty – a new financial services company giving renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations. Our goal is to build solutions that make it easy for renters to access homes they love and protect the things they care about the most.
We are seeking a talented Data Scientist with experience in lending to join our Risk & Compliance Team. In this role you will be responsible for performing sophisticated data analytics and building statistical models to support both our insurance and lending verticals. You will be responsible for developing, documenting, and supporting the deployment of these models alongside our product and engineering teams. You will leverage analytics and data science to drive optimal decision-making across the entire customer risk management lifecycle from underwriting and credit decisioning to operations, portfolio management and collections.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and mine large data sets of proprietary and third-party data to draw insights and recommendations for policy and strategy decisions
- Develop predictive models to optimize various functions across the organization including underwriting, credit decisioning, recovery, and collections
- Engineer new features and determine feature importance
- Assist in deploying these models to production environments by working closely with our product and engineering teams
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Research and evaluate new data vendors and make recommendations
- Champion data analytics and help advance our culture of data-driven decision-making
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Operation Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant fields is required; advanced degree is preferred
- At least 1 year of work experience extracting, cleaning, manipulating datasets and building statistical models
- Experience applying unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms: clustering, decision trees, regression, etc. and understand their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience in a high growth, fintech environment is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate with stakeholders across the organization
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty’s products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams working remotely around the country. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break,” and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, monthly childcare, and monthly phone/internet bill
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!