Data Scientist II at Homesite Insurance
Data Scientist II
- Remote Work
- Full time
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we’ve continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that’s stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
- Compensation Minimum:$63,000
- Compensation Maximum:$125,000
Homesite is an innovative national property and casualty insurance company with a fast-paced environment. We’re proud to be part of the American Family Mutual Insurance Company and offer multiple products in partnership with large national brands. We seek a person possessing analytical rigor, a sense of data and mad coding skills with a desire to build a successful career in Data Science. The primary role will be to grow profits through the development of state of the art pricing and product plans.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead predictive modeling projects involving new rating structures, recommenders and underwriting programs that increase our customer lifetime value.
- Use statistical and machine learning/deep learning to build supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised models per business needs.
- Work with fellow data scientists and developer teams to translate models to business solutions and collaborate with other departments in the company when necessary.
- Work with IT to help implement the models in production.
- Interface with stakeholders to communicate the value add of the models being built.
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative discipline.
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning and Statistical methods.
- Ability to extract and clean data from a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Solid understanding of best practices in coding, code organization, data transformation, imputation, model selection, evaluation, and tuning.
- Prior experience with GLMs and Bayesian modeling is a plus.
- Experience with GCP (BigQuery, ML Engine, AutoML) and/or AWS (SageMaker) and exposure to deep learning preferred.
- Proficiency in programming in Python, R and SQL. Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) experience preferred. Knowledge of Go, Java or Scala is a plus.
- Knowledge of one version control system, preferably Git is required.
- Mastery of the command line is good to have.
- Prior experience with H2O and DataRobot is a plus.
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns at Homesite are eligible for the paid time off program. Contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!