Data Scientist – Europe at Digital Science
Digital Science | Europe
Our team is growing and we need a Data Scientist to join our global and dynamic team
- Digital Science is a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities, at the laboratory bench or in a research setting.
- It invests in and incubates scientific software companies that simplify the research cycle, making more time for discovery. Its portfolio companies and investments include a host of leading and admired brands including Dimensions, Altmetric, Figshare, GRID, IFI CLAIMS, Overleaf, ReadCube, Symplectic, CC Technology.
- It is operated by global media company, the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group.
About the Role
- The most important thing you do is research, design and build analytic tools and reports based on Digital Science datasets on request of customers.
- These datasets include close to 200 million scientific publications, patents, policy documents, funding award projects, datasets, etc., and links between those.
- In addition, the data available in Altmetric, Readcube and other Digital Science companies will increasingly be used in projects.
- The methods you will be using include aggregation on various levels, identification of anomalies, and linking additional internal and external data sets.
- Furthermore, machine learning clustering techniques are increasingly used (e.g., topic modeling).
- You will have an opportunity to access and help improve virtually all data supported by Digital Science products.
About the role
- Research, develop and evaluate tools to provide our customers with analyses that help answer their questions.
- Identify, obtain and prepare large scale data sets for training and testing algorithms (e.g. data cleaning, data normalization, data linkage)
- Production prototypes with the support of skilled engineers to make reliable, scalable systems
- Deliver presentations that communicate the value of developed technologies to the business and our customers.
We are looking for people who have;
- Strong experience of research and development,preferably holding a Ph.D. in a technical-scientific domain relevant to Data Science.
- Demonstrable experience with data analytics on large (>10E8) datasets.
- Experience in SQL, Python, Jupyter notebooks.
- Experience with big data technologies and machine learning libraries (e.g. Spark, MapReduce, TensorFlow, Keras, sci-kit-learn) is definitely a plus.
- Experience in working in teams that are geographically distributed across multiple locations
It’s also important that:
- You can demonstrate, communicate and promote the value of Digital Science data and analytic capabilities both inside and outside the company
- You have a track record of working in cross-functional teams including Engineers, Operations, and Sales to build and deliver data products
What we can offer you
- Be part of our international team distributed all over the globe. Location is not a factor. Digital Science is a distributed company, where many employees work full time from home. If you prefer to go to an office, we have offices in London, Glasgow, Cologne, and Iai.
- Relaxed work environment that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Handpick your hardware
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!