About Digital Harvest:
Digital Harvest is expanding our team with additional data scientists! We are a young company that applies remote sensing and data science techniques to solve large scale problems in the agricultural sector. Our customers are large growers and processors of food and/or industrial crops produced on hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland seeking to better understand resources, costs, and yield qualities and quantities.
Data of agronomic significance is fused to perform data analysis and visualization, feature extraction, and supervised machine learning to create predictive models for rapid use in the customers’ decision process. These projects start with a pilot project to demonstrate viability and transition to digital agriculture consulting and solutions development.
Digital Harvest is a growing company seeking individuals to grow with us, and seek to provide an environment of on the job learning to continue driving that growth. This is a flexible position that can be filled at entry level or higher.
You’re naturally inquisitive and a prolific learner. You take the initiative to ask questions and find answers. You have a background that includes some or all of the following:
- Python and core data science libraries: numpy, pandas, sklearn, matplotlib, keras, etc.
- Geospatial data formats, standards, and libraries
- Database design, ETL, and/or querying large datasets
- Git version control and workflows
- Object-oriented programming and data structures
Interest and experience in:
- Knowledge and experience with techniques such as neutral networks, decision trees, unsupervised learning, feature engineering and extraction, dimensionality reduction, and geospatial analysis.
- Agronomy, botany, soil science, hydrology, weather, climate, food security.
- Working with stakeholders to understand a problem, create a solution approach, articulate technical results and make recommendations to a non-technical audience.
- Understanding and familiarity with remotely sensed data and the underlying physics
- Implementing detailed state of the art research methods into scientific software.
A Data Scientist at Digital Harvest delivers analytical insights and predictive capabilities customized to fit the project requirements. The Data Science team works closely with the Engineering team to apply internal toolkits and API’s to each project, and make improvements to further accelerate the data science project lifecycle and develop crop-specific expertise. This position may include any/all which fit the applicants’ current skills and professional development goals.
- Develop and maintain high quality, reusable code to support repeatable and globally scalable ML/AI capabilities.
- Clean, understand, and prepare unorganized customer datasets for ingestion into globally standardized frameworks.
- Create strategies to extract, transform, and unify data between disparate sources.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as necessary to support specific project work.
- Build conceptual models to demonstrate a problem-solving methodology.
- Creating visualizations to better understand underlying relationships and communicate findings.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders to gain business problem clarity, obtain consensus, and develop appropriate solutions.
Examine agricultural operations on site with field managers and agronomists, gain an understanding of the decision space of operation and identify opportunities for data science to create value.
- A Bachelors or advanced degree in a quantitative or technical degree program
- Strong understanding of machine learning and it’s mathematical underpinnings
- The ability to work effectively remotely
- The ability to travel internationally
Location: Full-time remote work, great flexibility on work location.
Apply to: email@example.com