Data Scientist at IRI Inc.
Job Location: Flexible
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position ID: 2021-487
At IRI, we deliver growth to clients based on big data—our predictive analytics and forward-thinking insights help CPG, OTC, health care, retailers, and media companies remain relentlessly relevant, capture marketing share, connect with consumers, and deliver market-leading growth. The convergence of our proprietary, on-demand cloud-based technology and our client-focused colleagues leads to a seismic shift in drivers of success in all industries.
For IRI colleagues, we focus on the moments that matter. From meaningful work and impact to continuous improvement we challenge ourselves to grow both professionally and personally. You’ll feel a true sense of connection and purpose in your work and will craft the direction of your career in a highly personalized way. No matter the department you join, you’ll find yourself constantly growing and developing the skills of the future to deliver client growth. We believe in the undeniable strength that diverse people, cultures, thought and skills bring to our business, our clients, our people, and our communities. We are committed to nurturing a dynamic culture that embraces and celebrates openness, collaboration, creativity, equity, inclusivity, and growth for all.
What will I be doing?
Big Data is in our DNA. And our Product Team is growing fast to meet the demands of the Marketplace. IRI continues to innovate in the space and has developed and integrated the world’s largest cross-channel media, social, and online/offline purchase data sets to help our clients maximize the ROI for media spend. Our media team gives CPG manufacturers a view of where consumers go online; what they watch on TV to determine how these activities translate into measurable and actual consumer behavior–what consumers buy and why. Do you have previous experience managing multiple data sets? Are you excited to get in the weeds with the data and build statistical models from scratch? Do you have current hands-on experience with R and Python? Are you excited to translate complex analytics to a non-technical audience? This position for you! Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
- Advanced proficiency in statistical methodologies and ability to independently develop statistical methods to isolate impact due to stimulus (such as advertising impact on purchase behavior) in experimental designs.
- Proficiency with linear and multinomial logistic regression models. Neural Networks and random forest experience is a plus.
- Computing variances on samples and developing methodologies to compute goodness of fit for Linear models
- Estimating biases inherent in sample-based methods
- Sound understanding of Bootstrap or jackknife replication techniques
- Hands on experience in automating these statistical methodologies using one or more of these languages: Python, R, SAS or Julia
- Cross-Functional Influence – Demonstrates effective team behaviors including informing others of relevant information, supporting team decisions, encouraging others to share ideas, effectively resolving conflicts, and establishing common client focused goals
- Structured approach to developing and integrating complex components into a modular framework.
- Media Domain Expertise – Experience in Media or Consumer Products Analytics with the ability to apply knowledge of and passion for digital, social, mobile media, and other new platforms to provide insight and evaluation that helps clients build stronger consumer connections.; Ability to explain findings and recommendations to a broad business audience, including C-level
- Client Management and Value – Effectively manages client projects; builds and maintains support and trust; acts as a trusted advisor and delivery partner; balances achievement of short and long term goals
- Able to coordinate and organize members of the Delivery Team for such purposes
- 5-7 years of experience in developing statistical methodologies
- Statistical development in Python, R, SAS or Julia
- Able to build and convey impactful insights drawing from multiple data sources.
- Skilled at explaining technical subject matter to non-technical audiences.
- A bachelors’ degree in Statistics, Econometrics or related quantitative field; Masters or above preferred
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal, and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, virtual doctor access, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people – the best in the business.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!