Data Scientist at Zebra Technologies
- Location: US-IL-Lincolnshire | US-Remote
- Job ID: 96456
- Function: Engineering
- LITag: #LI-DB1
- Position Level: Senior/Supervisor
At Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.
We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.
Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you’ll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.
Together, we’ve only begun to define the edge of what’s possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.
Build your edge. Build what’s next.
Join a community of changemakers, innovators, and doers.
Zebra’s Marketing Department has been investing heavily into analytics to provide a 360 view of prospects, customers and partners. The primary responsibilities of the Data Scientist is to review, collect, analyze and report on Marketing related data to increase overall productivity, effectiveness and ROI.
This role provides rich and actionable insights to support the Marketing and Sales organizations, analyze emerging trends, as well as, the competitive landscape then communicate the potential opportunities. The incumbent also collaborates with management to understand complex business problems and present creative, engaging, customer-centric solutions.
- Identify issues and gather data to analyze and develop key insights to market (size/trends/structure), business and operational performance for Global Marketing Programs.
- Develop hypotheses on opportunities to improve channel performance (productivity, efficiency, investment realignment and ROI) and our overall strategy for the Global Marketing Programs.
- Create executive-ready PowerPoint slides and content for preparation of monthly executive level documents and performance dashboards.
- Partner with Global Marketing, Sales and other organizations as appropriate on best-in-class Reports, Dashboards, Scorecards, and KPI’s.
- Designs and implements Regression based predictive models incorporating diverse data types
- Integrates state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms as well as the development of new methods
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Machine learning, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in statistics / machine learning / deep learning / programming.
- Experience in solving large-scale real-world industry problems, preferably in collaboration with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of statistical programming techniques and languages using Python and SQL.
- Solid understanding of common machine learning and deep learning approaches.
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of R, DAX, etc.
- Experience using cloud compute (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS)
- Familiarity with large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Solid understanding of data structures, software design and architecture
While this position may be performed remotely, unless specified in the body of the posting, it may not be performed within the State of Colorado.
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
To all recruitment agencies: Zebra does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zebra employees or any other team members. Zebra is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and direct engagement with Zebra employees.
Zebra is a federal contractor and is committed to an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a result, all U.S. based employees are subject to the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy and Procedure.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!