Data Scientist at DemystData
- Atlanta, Georgia or Remote, United States
- Full time
Demyst unlocks innovation with the power of data. Our platform helps enterprises solve strategic use cases, including lending, risk, digital origination, and automation, by harnessing the power and agility of the external data universe. We are known for harnessing rich, relevant, integrated, linked data to deliver real value in production. We operate as a distributed team in the US and Asia and serve over 50 clients globally as a strategic external data partner. Frictionless external data adoption within tech forward enterprises is unlocking market growth and allowing solutions to finally get out of the lab. If you like to actually get things done and deployed, versus never ending exploration, Demyst is your new home.
As a Data Engineer at Demyst, you will be powering the latest technology from leading financial institutions around the world. Using innovative data sets and Demyst’s software architecture, you will use your expertise and creativity to build best-in-class solutions. You will see projects through from start to finish, assisting in every stage from testing to integration. This is a remote position working with Engineers across the globe (US, Austria, Singapore, Australia). You will report to the Director of the Data Service Team.
This role is fully remote.
- Collaborating with project management, and sales teams to solve clients’ business and technical problems
- Performing data appends, extracts, and analysis to deliver curated data to clients
- Understanding wide arrays of data provider landscapes including consumer, business, property, and digital data
- Opportunities to work on entity detection, record linking, and NLP projects will also be available
- Transforming one-time projects into repeatable code for production
- Rolling out changes to production use cases in close coordination with clients’ IT teams
- Other tasks as necessary
- Computer Science or Data Science degree (or commensurate work experience); Master’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of Python programming (with Pandas experience)
- Experience with CSV, JSON, parquet, Avro, and other common formats
- Data cleaning and structuring (ETL experience)
- Knowledge of API (REST and SOAP), HTTP protocols, API Security and best practices
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Git
- Interest or experience in machine learning and data modeling
- Generous benefits & competitive compensation
- Be a part of the exploding external data ecosystem
- Join an established fast growth data technology business
- Collaborative, inclusive work culture
DemystData is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!