Data Scientist at Quantum Metric
- UNITED STATES
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT – ENGINEERING
- FULL-TIME/ REMOTE
Quantum Metric is paving the way for Continuous Product Design, which is a cross-team approach to building better digital products faster. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
Our number one goal at QM is happy people, happy culture. In addition, we are obsessed with helping businesses deliver better digital products and experiences. We encourage creative problem solving, rapid innovation and bold goal-setting. Our relatively flat organization structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most. We are a close-knit team moving fast to deliver value to our customers and continue pushing the envelope as we develop new products.
About the Role
As our Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in the transformation of data into innovative predictive machine learning and AI models around online customer behavior. In this role you will be an integral part of developing first in class products intended to spearhead the analytics industry and provide unique value to Quantum Metric’s customers.
Your primary focus will be (a) designing, building, testing, integrating, managing, and optimizing data from a variety of sources (b) build free-flowing data pipelines by combining a variety of big data technologies that enable real-time analytics by writing complex queries to ensure that data is easily accessible (c) developing predictive models from transformed data to the production environment, and (d) developing automated processes to measure online user behavior. As a part of your day to day you will collaborate across all areas of the organization. In particular, you will liaise with our Platform Services group, understanding our existing infrastructure and seeking to optimize where practical.
- Preferred Master’s Degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, or closely related fields.
- 4-6 years of work experience. Strong quantitative analytical skills; with statistical analysis competence in techniques such as correlation, regression, KPI metric development, segmentation, modeling and algorithms.
- Experience in machine learning models such as Deep Neural Networks, XGboost and Random Forest. Knowledge of dimensionality reduction techniques a major plus.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL (writing and debugging)
- Experience working with cloud-based data solutions, in particular GCS.
- Proven experience successfully manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large and disconnected data sets
- Experience with machine learning life cycle a big plus
- Knowledge of Big Data pipeline a plus
- Assemble large, complex data sets to meet both functional and non-functional business demands
- Identify, design, implement, and enhance internal processes
- Work with all stakeholders across departments
- Assist other data scientists where necessary
Perks, Benefits, & Compensation
- This will be the best group that you ever work with! We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded. Most importantly, you’ll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
- Group benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (99% Medical base plan paid by the Company)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Telehealth options
- Voluntary Life & AD&D, STD, LTD
- Healthy Rewards – Discount Programs
- 401k and Options / Equity
- Time off (Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
- 11 company holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) accrued vacation
- Sick leave (according to state mandated allocation)
- Parental/Adoption Leave
- Promotional Opportunities
- Rewards and Recognitions programs
- One-time stipend for work at home employees
- Flexible work environments
- Employee Discount Program (Perks at Work)
- Employee Referral Program
- Lead Referral Program
- Latest MacBook Pro and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Supportive and collaborative culture
- Compensation: Base $85,000-115,000
About Quantum Metric
Our mission is to help brands deliver standout digital experiences for their customers. Enterprises are using Quantum Metric to build customer-centric digital products that drive revenue and foster brand loyalty. In 2020, Quantum Metric was ranked 124 in the Inc 5000, a list of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve been serving Fortune 500 customers across e-commerce, travel and hospitality, financial services and insurance, and telecommunications. The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years.
In January of 2021, Quantum Metric secured its place as the first tech unicorn of the year with an above $1 billion valuation and a $200 million Series B funding round, and we are using those funds to accelerate our product and people growth. If your background matches the above role and you’re interested in joining a team of people with exceptional potential from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences, we want to hear from you.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!