Data Scientist at Wider Circle
- Data Science
- United States
- Full time
The Wider Circle Data Scientist is an incredible opportunity to help build a data ecosystem from the ground up. At Wider Circle, we connect neighbors for better health. We seed neighborhood care communities that serve as a platform to consistently address Social Determinants of Health by building trusted circles of neighbors in a culturally competent manner applying Hand on Hand engagement. Wider Circle’s evidence-based Connect for Life® program brings neighbors together in-person for health, wellness, and social activities that improve mental and physical health. We create for our customers a web of community circles by employing local and culturally competent facilitators, whose hand on hand approach to forming trusted circles is informed by a sophisticated analytics platform.
This position is expected to carry out sophisticated operations to analyze, model, and build predictions based on organized disordered data. He or she will work closely with leaders in Data Analytics and Engineering to work with statistical programming, machine learning and artificial intelligence methods to help Wider Circle understand our members, our clients and our operations with precision. They should therefore be capable of complex and creative problem solving with the ability to complete difficult projects that fulfill our outcomes-based mission. The ability to coalesce multiple, sometimes divergent, data sets to fulfill the visualization and analysis of an outcome (mortality, readmissions e.g.) is required. Creative solutions are encouraged and immersive experiences preferred.
Primary skills for this position include those requisites for developing products that use data to enable analyses, information delivery and interaction with users. Successful candidates should have a good understanding of a statistical programming language consistent with data science and machine learning including Python or R. Our team includes a mix of R or Python.
Knowledge of information architecture (as defined in the field of design as well as the field of data architecture) is preferred to enable the candidate to construct analyses with complex data sets when data engineering resources are unavailable.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s: Computer Science, Business, Statistics, Information Sciences, Healthcare, Design, Engineering
- Preferred: Master’s in Public Health, Computer Science, Informatics, Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Biostatistics
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrable skill with R or Python in a data science environment is required.
- Demonstrable skill building models with an appropriate understanding of results and an ability to monitor model performance over time is essential.
- Ability to work with data science teams to assist in delivery of analytical outcomes and models.
- Ability to perform analysis of clinical data with stakeholders and users to deliver actionable insights.
- Ability to design and develop classical statistical and advanced machine learning models
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised model development
- Ability to generate a quality work product in a timely manner while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Work closely with end users to design impactful analyses with a variety of methodologies.
- Strong communication skills to enable the developer to interview users and enhance the user experience.
- Identify and communicate operational impact of analytical findings/decision support.
- Support other members of the team with the ability to explain methodologies and assist in development.
- Be a strong learner with the understanding of continuous professional and technical improvement of skills and techniques.
- Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to make the world a better place
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!