Data Scientist at PSCU
- Florida – Remote
- U.S. Remote
For people drawn to serving others through their work, PSCU is a place to thrive, as we serve our credit union members best by taking care of each other first.
If you want to help shape an industry, challenge yourself, and invest in your own future, this is the place for you. PSCU is a highly accessible environment where you’re empowered to think on your feet, work from your heart, and discover the very best version of your professional and personal self. “Our Momentum. Your Moment.”
This application is the first step in seizing your moment.
The Enterprise Analytics Data Scientist will use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company and third party data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support enterprise and functional outcomes.
Could be a remote position
- Works to build and continuously grow predictive analytics data systems, processes, reporting and ultimately people to optimize business operations, provide hypothesis and simulations of suggested changes and communicate data intelligence to the organization
- Identifies solutions of business trends and problems through complex big data analysis
- Anticipates future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business and design/implement solutions to meet these needs
- Manages and optimizes processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables
- Identify solutions by sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company
- Three to Five years’ directly related experience in predictive analytics required, preferably in a financial industry
- Demonstrated experience translating data into knowledge to address complex technical and strategic business needs
- Experience writing advanced code statements, models, and macros. Knowledge of various statistical software required, open source languages such as R or Python
- Experience with Altair Knowledge Studio (Angoss / Datawatch) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing Analytics, Information Systems or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic mastery and commitment to the continuous development of personal performance around the job-specific and leadership competencies necessary for this this role
- Strong working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and sub queries
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM and OLS multiple regression analyses, logistic regressions, log-linear regressions, times series regressions, variable selection and sampling techniques, decision trees, clustering and other clarification methods, etc.
- Experience working with or creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required
- Excellent communication (oral and written).
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage operational insights to drive solutions
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality
All applications are reviewed by an AIRS Certified Diversity and Inclusion Recruiter. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion HERE!
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “EEO is the Law” Poster and the “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement. PSCU will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the legal duty to furnish information.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!