Data Scientist at Knock
- Location: United States
Knock is on a mission to revolutionize how people buy and sell homes. With a Knock Home Swap™, homeowners get the certainty and convenience of being able to buy and move into their new home before prepping and selling their old one while saving money compared to selling the traditional way. Working with a local Knock Certified Agent of their choice, consumers skip the hassles of living through repairs and showings, pay only one mortgage at a time and have home prep covered upfront so their old home sells on the market for the highest possible price.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity, from top tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The company is headquartered in New York and San Francisco and operates in Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Dallas, Fort Worth and Phoenix with more cities on the way.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist who values putting people first, continuous learning, and a remote work culture. To work successfully as a Knockstar on our team, you should be deeply passionate about identifying inefficiencies, improving processes, exploiting data to solve problems, communicating findings, and making recommendations.
As a Data Scientist at Knock you will:
- Have access to millions of historical real estate transactions across the U.S., current market data, other local datasets, as well as unique data generated by Knock’s current operations.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to identify problems, perform research, and build tools or predictive models that power our products and enable Knock to operate efficiently.
- Learn everything there is to know about a real estate transaction and help build and inform products that will meaningfully reduce the stress and uncertainty around the largest financial transaction of a customer’s life.
We’re looking for Knockstars who have:
- Passion for taking on complex real world datasets, understanding them and building useful applications
- Commitment to rigorous analysis and model validation
- An advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a Computer Science, Statistics, or a related discipline or 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong foundation in statistical inference, machine learning, and experimentation
- A strong command of data analysis techniques (linear modeling, causal inference, Bayesian methods, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, etc.)
- Experience with both high-dimensional and sparse data sets
- Expertise with data analysis tools and languages such as R or Python
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
What We can Offer You:
- Equitable compensation offered based on your accomplishments, experience, and what market data shows in your geographic region.
- Offering full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory), 401k, paid parental leave, and many amazing benefits to impact our people’s lives.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the continental United States.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home, full-time career at Knock.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!