Data Scientist at X-Mode Social
Remote or Reston, VA
X-Mode’s mission is to empower companies with the highest quality and most accurate location data on the market. This will enable companies to create a more connected tomorrow by making their products and services a reality. With 65M+ global panel, a publisher network of 300+ mobile apps, and the largest beacon graph on the market, X-Mode supplies its products & services to hundreds of clients in various sectors: digital advertising, market research, location services, financial services, real estate, and smart cities. As an industry leader in providing high quality dense location data, X-Mode takes the appropriate measures to put the right data privacy and protection policies in place as well as ensure we are transparent with our publishers and enterprise clients.
X-Mode is looking for a data scientist to provide insight into billions of daily location records. Use your skills in machine learning to predict travel patterns and point of interest visitation. You’ll be involved in all phases of the data science lifecycle including: data exploration, feature engineering, model building, working with the engineering team to put models into production and analyzing existing products. You will be a go-to resource for providing data driven insight to other teams via analysis and visualizations.
This position can be remote or on-site at our Reston, VA HQ.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Leverage Python and Presto to slice through hundreds of billions of records to find patterns in data
- Apply statistical analysis and machine learning to uncover new insights and predictive models for our clients
- Collaborate with data engineering and ETL teams to deploy models / algorithms in production environment for operations use
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop and implement data cleansing and processing to evaluate and optimize data quality
- Run complex SQL queries and existing automations to correlate disparate data to identify questions and pull critical information
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Create visualizations and storytelling
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelors in relevant field. Masters is preferred.
- Extensive experience with SQL and Python
- Solid foundation in mathematics and statistics
- Experience with machine learning algorithms (Linear models, Random Forest, Clustering…)
- Ability to communicate complex topics to different audiences
- Measure success by delivering working products
- Self-initiative and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Passion for data
Nice to haves:
- Cloud Computing including: S3, Sagemaker, EMR
- Geospatial Analysis/GIS
- Experience with programming languages such as Scala or Java
- Big data technologies (Spark, MapReduce, or Hadoop)
- Deep learning (Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!