Data Scientist at BCD Travel
Data Scientist (Remote) #NOAM-20437
Requisition Number: NOAM-20437
Location: Atlanta GA-US
Additional Locations: Boston MA-US, Charlotte NC-US, Chicago IL-US, Cleveland OH-US, Dallas TX-US, Denver CO-US, Houston TX-US, Jacksonville FL-US, Kansas City MO-US, Los Angeles CA-US, Minneapolis MN-US, New York NY-US, Orlando FL-US, Phoenix AZ-US, Pittsburgh PA-US, Portland OR-US, San Antonio TX-US, St. Louis MO-US, Virtual US, Washington DC-US
Area of Interest: Marketing
In this role you’re key in establishing us as leaders in providing intelligence to our clients and internal stakeholders. You provide relevant and sound analytics, working in a commercial shared services team approach with Marketing, Global Sales, Client Data Solutions, Advito, Supplier Relations and other functions. The focus areas for this role are providing data driven intelligence, contributing to the development of new products through research, and taking a leading role in discovering trends.
- Conduct data analysis and create reports, outlining findings, challenges and next steps.
- Contribute to a statistics library so the group has easy access when they need it.
- Look to qualitative data available to find explanations for unusual data patterns.
- Find out what customers are asking about trends and hypes as identified by the research team.
- Provide insights to support answering questions raised, thereby promoting thought leadership.
- Actively participate in your development, discussing your career plans with your line manager and work towards your goals.
- Talk to your line manager and provide open feedback about your projects.
- Integrate into the team, participate actively and support your colleagues.
- Make sure to engage with your peers in the company and reach out to your colleagues on the team.
- Keep your eyes and ears open: talk to colleagues and read up on news and legislations that might impact business travel.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- >3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You’ll interact with a variety of partners and will need a high level of comfort in communicating with professionals of different backgrounds
- Ability to motivate yourself and be able to get up to speed quickly – functioning independently in a supportive team
- Excellent time-management and project-management skills: you’ll be constantly challenged to balance multiple initiatives, projects and perspectives
- Competency with Microsoft Office Products, and collaborative software used for projects with remote team members and stakeholders
- Capable of working in a virtual and multinational team environment
- Experience in business travel or travel management is a plus preferred
Why people join BCD:
- Flexible hours
- Dynamic work environment
- 13,000+ Employees
- 100+ Countries
Why they STAY with BCD:
- Work/life balance
- Freedom to grow
- Environmentally responsible
- Family atmosphere
- Voted top places to work for
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!