Data Science, School of Cybersecurity and Information Technology – Adjunct Faculty at University System of Maryland - USM
Title: Data Science, School of Cybersecurity and Information Technology – Adjunct Faculty
- Location: Stateside Remote
Job Description: Data Science School of Cybersecurity and Information Technology UMGC Stateside Location: Online
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach, online in the Data Science program.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Data Science and Analytics or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Experience teaching within online higher education settings.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Data Analytics, Data Science and Big Data Analytics.
- This position is specifically to teach online.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Terminal Degree in Data Science and Analytics or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Industry Certifications in ML, AI, Data Science from Microsoft, IBM, AWS.
- Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education.
Materials needed for submission
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- Documented record of excellence in teaching at college level
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit a translation/degree evaluation from a NACES approved vendor.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMGCone of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is “Students First, and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMGC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMGC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMGC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMGC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMGC
UMGC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students though frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!