Data Science Prep Course Mentor (Part-Time/Flexible/Remote)
Springboard runs online, self-paced, python based Data Science workshops in which participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor.
Our mentor community – the biggest strength of our programs – comprises experts from the best organizations in the world. Our mentors range from data scientists and researchers at premier companies (Uber, Pandora, LinkedIn, Apple) to a wide variety of top-notch startups and consulting firms.
If you are as passionate about mentoring as you are about Data Science, and can give a few hours per week in return for an honorarium, we would love to hear from you.
- Completely online
- Most are designed to be complete in 6 weeks or less, depending on the course
- Participants in this course are working professionals and college students from all over the world, interested in getting started with data science.
- Participants build the essential Data Science skills in python and statistics with the help of a curated online curriculum and a personal mentor. They go through the curriculum at their own pace and have a weekly 30-minute checkin with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- are as passionate about teaching Data Science as you are about Data Science itself
- are that rare combination of programming, statistics and storytelling skills
- are proficient in the curriculum topics of at least one of our Data Science Career Prep program
- are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins with students to help them set and achieve learning goals, answer subject matter questions, provide feedback on projects, and career advice + 5-15 minutes to prepare for each call
- have at least 1.5 years of experience solving real-life data science problems, and are comfortable working with large data sets
- are empathetic and have excellent communication skills
- Membership in a rich community of expert mentors from great companies like Apple, Uber, and Pandora
- Change the lives of students in our program
- Help us revolutionize online education!
- Receive a monthly per-student honorarium
- Work at your convenience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.