Data Science Associate at K12
Data Science Associate
- Job Category: IT
- Requisition Number: DATAS18840
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
No matter their age, wealth, or environment, every learner possesses unique talents and boundless potential. Every learner is ready to be inspired by a great education. While many students thrive in traditional brick-and-mortar schools, others are limited by a system that simply doesn’t fit their needs. Stride is establishing the kind of personal learning that everyone can access.
Whether providing students with unique opportunities for growth or empowering educators with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed, we know personalized education works. We’re steadfast in our dedication to the entire education community. And we’re energized to best serve every learner, educator, and enterprise. This philosophy demands a culture driven by an earned trust, constant improvement, and creative innovation. We’re all in.
The Data Science Associate assists in the preparation, design and execution of analyses and deployed models improving the academic and business outcomes of K12 schools and services. The position participates as a member of the data science team in identifying and analyzing school data, proprietary data, and third-party data to answer thoughtful and relevant research questions and provide replicable, well-documented analyses with clear confidence intervals and/or automated, deployed models and visualizations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Perform data collection, organization and modeling improving academic and business at K12;
- Draft reports summarizing analyses conducted and presentations that provide high-level overviews of methodology (design and analysis) and major conclusions, constraints or cautions, specific action recommendations, and mechanism for assessing outcomes of those actions;
- Prioritize replicable work, posts all code and documentation in shared repositories;
- Collect data routinely and independently as requested to monitor and report on implementation of specific initiatives;
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst, if necessary;
- Process confidential data and information according to guidelines;
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization;
- Generate reports from single or multiple systems;
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics or a related field, or equivalent training
- Three (3) years of relevant professional experience, including at least one (1) year of experience performing action and outcome-oriented data analysis OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required. Data Science degree or certification preferred.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with other professional staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience coding statistical and/or machine learning models in R or Python
- Experience writing queries in SQL
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Experience in K12 education as a teacher or researcher
- Coursework specific to research design, evaluation, and statistical analysis
- Experience and training in data science
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Excel VBA
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This can be an office-based position in a typical office setting (conversation, phones, light foot traffic, computers, printers, etc.), with the possibility of remote/home-office location.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!