Data Processing Associate at Invitae
Data Processing Associate
- Remote Position
- SCHEDULE: Tues – Sat, traditional PST hours
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We are looking for a dependable and experienced Data Processing Associate to join our Data Processing Team who will ensure that the order to results experience of our patients and providers is consistent and exceptional. Be a contributor to our team by inputting and verifying all aspects of a patient’s order from demographic information to patient/family history to billing. Our team is a great way to gain an understanding of genetic testing and how we at Invitae are doing things differently—we look forward to welcoming a new team member that is passionate about our mission.
What you’ll do:
- Perform sample verification and verify patient information, relevant clinical history, and billing as needed for San Francisco lab orders
- Ensure that all aspects of order information are clear and accurate, and transfer data provided by clinicians on handwritten orders into our various digital systems
- Identify discrepancies and triage issues to the appropriate teams via Salesforce cases or Jira tickets
- Comply with all documented SOPs and be expert in adapting to new programs and processing requirements
- Identify and suggest potential improvements for our internal workflows and UIs that will increase efficiency or accuracy of the review process
- Contribute to ad hoc projects, presentations, and reports as needed
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Sciences a plus, but not required)
- A background in healthcare or healthcare administration OR applicable work experience in a role where accuracy and compliance were critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills—able to pick up new material quickly and thoroughly and be comfortable being direct and honest with other Invitaeans
- An attention to detail that is consistent and unwavering while performing repetitive tasks
- The flexibility to adapt and grow with the team, and a drive to exceed expectations
- A steadfast commitment to improving patients’ lives
- Thrives in a long-term Tues-Sat schedule with flexibility to work later hours as needed by the lab
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!