Data Journalist at SmartAsset
Remote | Full-time
- SmartAsset is a leading online destination for financial advice that powers SmartAdvisor, the largest marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors and financial products.
- Reaching more than 100 million people each month through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset’s mission is to help people make smart financial decisions.
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in 2021,SmartAsset recently closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion.
- SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time, 2021 Best Financial Planning Technology Company in New York by Wealth & Finance International, and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
- SmartAsset is looking for a data journalist to join our growing team and create data studies that shed light on economic trends and financial planning topics.
- The ideal candidate will have top-notch writing skills, an analytical mind, and a knack for analyzing economic data.
- Naturally curious, with strong attention to detail
- You have a keen ability to identify topics that people enjoy reading about and sharing on social media.
- A consummate team player with great communication skills.
- You have experience writing pieces driven by insights in data.
- You can juggle a wide range of tasks including pitching stories, conducting research and creating compelling content.
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Strong understanding of statistics
- Superior excel skills are a must
- Experience working with and analyzing economic data
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Can take ownership of an article from start to finish
- Past personal finance/business experience is a major plus
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave