Data Governance Lead at Cotiviti
Data Governance Lead
- Software Development DATAG04043
- Nationwide (Remote)
The Data Governance Lead will help support the overall enterprise data management initiatives with a primary focus on leading the enterprise-wide data governance program. The position will focus on building and establishing data governance policies to achieve data consistency and data quality to meet business needs and privacy standards. S/he is a resource who understands various data persistence solutions, including ETL, MDM and deidentification, in both RDBMS and Big Data environments and is able to work with the Functional, Business and IT teams as needed.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Build and roll out the data governance framework, with a focus of improvement on protection of sensitive data by building policies, standards and guidelines
- Build the framework for metadata and data archival information management process
- Collect and document current state of data processes being followed in different business units for further analysis.
- Builds and manages processes and tools to support Data Governance role in data issue management
- Plan, oversee, and control over management of data and the use of data and data-related resources.
- Acts as an advocate on behalf of data governance member to ensure the customer data can support their priorities and needs
- Defines templates and artifacts to be delivered as part of Data Governance function
- Increases efficiency in requesting and auditing access to data
- Increases efficiency in monitoring data lifecycle and disposal of data
- Ensure enterprise wide data accuracy, consistency and security.
- Contribute to identification and execution of continuous improvement opportunities for Data Governance Program operations
- Manage governance team meetings, document the issues discussed, recommendations made, and follow up items with assignments.
- Defines roles and responsibilities related to data governance to ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s critical data assets
- Provide progress reports to management and oversee periodic updates to the Data Governance Roadmap.
- Educate key business stakeholders to drive data governance strategies across the enterprise data management team and in organization.
- Performs governance function education and knowledge transfer for business and technology team members
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Data Management, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in managing large-scale data-related activities and project management with healthcare (Payer, Employer, Provider, Broker, Medicare) data.
- Experience with and knowledge of privacy and security standards, policies, and implementation
- A good understanding of data management practices including data lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering
- Strong technical fluency: should understand fundamental technical architectures and terminology with the ability to contribute to conceptual models and designs.
- Experience in leading a data governance program with specialized knowledge of data governance principles and practices
- Excellent program and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – able to liaise with staff at all levels
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to create clear requirements, specifications and documentation
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing
- Experience with SQL and Big Data environment is a plus.
- Experience using agile project management tools such as Jira is a plus.
- Knowledge of data-related government regulatory requirements such as HIPPA and HITRUST.
- Ability to work on own initiative within agreed boundaries
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!