Data Entry Operator at Cognosante
Data Entry Operator
Security Clearance required:
Cognosante is on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare and national security systems. With our health and security-focused solutions, we help public sector organizations achieve the important task of providing the best possible public services to American Citizens. From Enterprise IT, Data Science, and Security Services, to full-scale Consumer Engagement and Interoperability solutions, we are moving government services forward with transformation and innovation. Learn how we are making a difference in people’s lives today!
Due to new federal mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all employees working in a federal facility will be required to be fully vaccinated or be subject to a twice weekly COVID-19 testing requirement. Upon hire, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and comply with these new mandates.
Data Entry Operator will analyze all data entry assignments, determines priorities, establishes production schedules and accurately enter data from variety of sources in a timely manner to support the Department of Labor DEEOIC program achieve their case create goals.
Core Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm (half-hour lunch) Monday – Friday Wages: $14.60 Hourly
Key Responsibilities (Bullets)
- Assists in developing data entry procedures as required.
- Performs the more complex assignments requiring selection, coding, and interpretation of data.
- Accurately enters data from a variety of sources.
- Reviews and inspects work to assure compliance with job instructions, layouts, and other procedural instructions.
- Ensures quality control of completed jobs.
- Assists in maintaining production in accordance with established schedules and priorities.
- Answers questions relating to format, procedures, codes, and machine operations.
- Trains newly hired data entry operators on operational procedures and equipment.
- Performs record keeping of work performed.
- Other assigned duties
- Refers to supervisor problems arising from erroneous items, codes, or missing information.
Required Qualifications (Bullets)
- Able to pass a government background check and hold a public trust clearance.
- Candidate must be proficient in communication in the English language (read/write)
- Must be able to multitask and take direction quickly.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Completed a data entry operator course involving use of a computer terminal screen and demonstrates high speed, accurate typing capabilities. 31 Perform Clerical Tabulations and Related Source Data Validation Services. The following categories of labor shall be applicable to providing clerical support on the contract
- Working knowledge of data entry machine/computer operation, practices, and procedures.
- Work experience as a data entry operator which includes:
- Work is routine and repetitive.
- Under close supervision or following specific procedures or detailed instructions, works from various standardized source documents that have been coded and require little or no selecting, coding or interpreting of data to be entered.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude and intelligence in mastering the operations aspects of data entry.
- Basic office skills are required. Examples of this include telephone usage, working a copier, scanner, basic written and verbal communication.
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
COVID-19 isn’t stopping our hiring process nor our business as (semi) usual. We’re still reaching candidates, virtually and we’re still working, remotely! Are you a self-starter who likes to work from home and is interested in this position? Apply today!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!