Data Engineering Mentor at Thinkful
Title: Data Engineering Mentor, Thinkful
- Location: United States – except California, Washington, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Oregon
Who We Are
At Thinkful, a Chegg Online Learning Service, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. We partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to the ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career services than any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no other school works as hard for its students as we do. Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technologists.
As a Mentor, you will support students by acting as an advisor, counselor, and support system as they complete the course and land their first industry job. To achieve this, you will engage with students in weekly 1-on-1 mentoring sessions bringing with you your industry knowledge and technical expertise to provide them with support and guidance as they progress through the curriculum.
- Mentor Sessions: Meet with students 1-on-1 in online video sessions to provide technical and professional support as the student progresses through the curriculum.
In addition to working directly with students, Mentors are expected to maintain an environment of feedback with the Educator Experience team, and to stay on top of important updates via meetings, email, and Slack. Ideal candidates for this team are highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- 1099 continuous Contract opportunity requires 3-9 hrs. per week
- 5+ years relevant professional work experience in Data Engineering or Data Science
- In-depth experience with Relational Databases and Python
- Hands-on experience in data extraction, cleaning and manipulation.
- Fluent in SQL, Postgres and writing complex SQL statements
- Skilled in Linux, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Modeling, Creating Pipelines, Datasets and Dashboards
- Demonstrates genuine student advocacy and empathy for beginners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be coachable and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection and webcam
- Teaching, mentoring and/or coaching experience a plus
- Fully remote position, with a flexible schedule
- Access to all of Thinkful Courses for your continued learning
- Community of 500+ like-minded professionals looking to impact others and keep their skills sharp
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!