Data Engineering Course Teaching Assistant at Springboard
Data Engineering Course Teaching Assistant
- REMOTE /
- MENTORS – MENTORS /
- PART-TIME (CONTRACT)
Springboard runs an online Data Engineering Career Track in which participants learn with the help of a curated, project-based curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor.
Our mentor community – the biggest strength of our programs – comprises experts from the best organizations in the world. The Data Engineering Career Track will have Data Engineers, Data Developers, and other leading data experts at premier companies (e.g. Uber, Pandora, LinkedIn, Apple) and top-notch startups.
Data Engineering Career Track is a 6-month intensive boot camp, and we are looking for Course Teaching Assistants to help support students outside of their mentor calls.
- Are as passionate about teaching Data Engineering as about Data Engineering itself
- Professional experience with SQL and an OOP language like Python or Java
- Have an excellent understanding of fundamental data engineering skills, tools, and concepts including working with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark), Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), building data pipelines (batch/streaming, APIs), orchestration (Airflow), and containerization (Kubernetes, Docker).
- You have a flexible schedule that allows you to work a few hours per day, at least 5 days per week
- Are able to provide support via email and Slack
- Are empathetic and have excellent communication skills, able to break down complex concepts for beginners
- Bonus points for experience conducting reviews on through online platforms!
- Membership in an rich community of expert mentors from great companies like Apple, Uber and Pandora
- Change the lives of students in our program and help us revolutionize online education!
- Receive a monthly amount per-project honorarium and work at your convenience
- Completely online and self-paced. Coursework is ~200 hours and on average, students finish it in 6 months.
- Participants in this course are working professionals and college students from all over the world, interested in getting started with data science.
- Participants learn about Data Engineering with the help of a curated online curriculum and a personal mentor. They go through the curriculum at their own pace and have a weekly 30-minute checkin with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- Course TA’s provide students with support via email and our online community so that students get the help they need even outside of their mentor calls
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!