Data Engineer at SwagUp
SwagUp is on the hunt for a hungry data engineer who can transform data into a useful format for analysis. On day one, you will join our team in designing and building a pipeline that will source data from our dashboard in real-time, store this data, then extract it and transform the data into meaningful results that our sales and product teams can use for analysis and strategic planning.
The ideal candidate doesn’t see themselves as just an engineer; they are also an architect who enjoys building. Data drives the decisions we make everyday at SwagUp. We are looking for an engineer that will be able to understand the data and make actionable recommendations that will set us on the path for success.
- Build, implement, and own the system that will integrate company software, such as Quickbooks and Salesforce, and provide easily digestible data for respective departments
- Audit current data processes and implement proper efficiencies built for scale
- Identifying problems and building solutions to leverage big data on our platforms
- Owning the process of designing our integrated data structure, letting your inner Frank Lloyd Wright shine
- Be the lead architect of data tools that the team can utilize in designing and building our platform
- Automating all current and future reporting requirements
- Troubleshoot, identify and improve organizational infrastructure for product optimization
- 3+ years of experience in a data engineer and/or data architect role, ideally in an e-commerce environment
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of data visualization tools
- Solid understanding of Salesforce with experience in a previous role/project
- Startup experience is preferred, but not required
- You live and breathe relational databases, big query and Oracle
- You are not afraid to raise your hand, ask questions, or challenge the status quo; curiosity can have a meaningful impact
- We’re looking for someone to be part of the pack and collaborate (no lone wolves)
What Success Looks Like
- Streamline the ingestion of raw data and leverage data into meaningful insight
- Design data models for both optimal storage and retrieval
- Coordinate and collaborate with the sales and product teams to provide the strategic data needed to drive the business forward
- Goals are a target, but the objective is to exceed them while meeting deadlines
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!